For many people, an RV is a home away from home. So naturally, you want to have everything
that’s in your home in your RV. A microwave is something that you probably don’t think is
essential, but you probably use it every single day. Why not have a microwave in your RV? It’s a
hassle-free, safe way to cook and reheat food while you’re on the road.
- What to Consider When Choosing an RV Microwave:
You probably already know that in your RV, space is tight. Size is an important factor to keep in mind when shopping for a microwave for your RV. You want something that will get the job done but not take up an entire counter.
- Mounting Types Available for RV Microwaves:
Much like microwaves for your kitchen, you can choose a model that sits on the counter or one that is mounted to the wall. Choosing a wall-mount model may be a good choice if you’re short on space.
- How are RV Microwaves Different from Your Microwave at Home?
RV microwaves are often much smaller than the microwave in your kitchen. They will also be less powerful because you will be drawing power from a different source.
- Benefits to Having a Microwave in Your RV:
Who wants to use the stove every time you have to heat something up? A microwave is a much faster, safer option to using the stove, especially if you have kids around.
Budget RV Microwaves
Check out our top-rated budget-friendly microwaves that are ideal for RV use.
1. Whirlpool 0.7 Cu. Ft Microwave – Editor’s Pick
Even with a small sized camper, the Houzer Undermout sink will allow you to keep your dishes clean without requiring a lot of room. You can look forward to reduced condensation and moisture buildup thanks to the well insulated design. Installation is easy and quick the unit fits any 18-inch cabinet.
2. RecPro RV Microwave | .9 Cubic Ft Black Microwave with Trim Kit | 900 Watt | Direct replacement for Greystone and HighPointe (RPM-1-BLK)
- External dimensions: 19 1/16” W x 14 1/2” D (without back plate - 13 1/4") x 11 5/8” H Installation dimensions: 20"W x 13 3/8"H x 14 1/8"D
- 0.9 cu.ft. capacity with 900 watts of cooking power
- Glass turntable rotates foods to provide even cooking, Easy access door, White cavity and black outer enclosure, One piece trim kit, UL/CUL Listed
Premium RV Microwaves
Looking for a top-of-the-line RV microwave? Learn more about our top picks.
1. Advent MW912BWDK Black Built-in Microwave Oven with Wide Trim Kit PMW TRIM, Specially built for RV Recreational Vehicle, Trailer, Camper, Motorhome – Editor’s Pick
- Advent MW912BWDK Black Built-in Microwave Oven with Wide Trim Kit PMWTRIM, Specially built for RV Recreational Vehicle, Trailer, Camper, Motorhome etc.
- One touch electronic controls with digital display let you quickly and easily adjust the cook times, cook settings, power levers, clock and timer, 0.9 cu.ft. capacity with 900 watts of cooking power and 10 adjustable power levels let you boil, reheat, defrost and more
- 6 pre-programmed one-touch digital cook seetings let you easily prepare popcorn, pizza, frozen entrees or beverages at the touch of a button
2. RV-190S-CON Contoure Microwave Oven 1.2 Cubic Foot Capacity
If you’re looking to splurge, this RV microwave is for you. The Contoure microwave comes with an interactive digital display, child safety lock, and convection cooking. The sleek finish will also look great inside your RV.
Countertop RV Microwaves
Looking for a microwave that fits perfectly on your RV’s counter? Check out these top picks
1. Dometic DCMC11B.F Convection Microwave Oven, Black – Editor’s Pick
- Outside Dimensions: 12 7/8" H x 21 1/4" W x 15 11/16" D
- 35 lbs.
- 1.1 cubic ft. capacity
2. Toshiba EC042A5C-SS Convection Function Microwave oven, 1.5 cu. ft./1000W, Stainless Steel
- Stylish Stainless Steel finish with easy to clean Stainless Steel interior, external dimension (wxdxh): 21.8 x 21.5 x 13 inches, internal dimension (wxdxh): 15.5 x 15.35 x 10.2 inches
- Combines microwave and convection cooking in one appliance, with auto bake and auto roast menus
- Pre-programmed sensor menu for optimum result of popular foods like frozen pizza, potato, vegetables and more
Wall-Mount RV Microwaves
Looking for a space-saving microwave? Check out our favorites.
1. RecPro RV Convection Microwave Black 1.1 Cu. ft – Editor’s Pick
- 9 Express Cook options (Popcorn, Potato, Pizza, Roast Chicken, Beverage, Soup, Dinner Plate, Fresh Vegetable, Frozen Vegetable)
- Instant Start (30-seconds per touch)
- 10 Power Levels
2. Greystone Built-in Microwave with Trim Kit – 0.9 Cu Ft – Black
Greystone’s built-in microwave offers convenience cooking while saving you counter space. This model comes with the trim kit and is an excellent price for those looking to save money. The Greystone microwave comes with all standard features to help you heat your food on the road.
Stainless Steel RV Microwaves
Stainless steel is durable and adds a touch of class to any RV.
1. RecPro RV Stainless-Steel Microwave 1.0 cu ft. With Trim Package EM925AQR-S | Direct replacement for Greystone and HighPointe – Editor’s Pick
- WITHOUT Trim Kit External dimensions – 19.1” W x 14.7” D x 11.3” H | Installation Dimensions – 20” W x 14.125” D x 13.375” H
- 8 Express Cook options (Popcorn, Potato, Pizza, Beverage, Soup, Dinner Plate, Fresh Vegetable, Frozen Vegetable)
- Instant Start (30-seconds per touch)
2. Sharp R1874T 850W Over-the-Range Convection Microwave, 1.1 Cubic Feet, Stainless Steel
- 850-watt, over-the-range convection microwave browns, bakes, broils, crisps, and roasts
- 2-color, 7-digit, interactive display; Smart and Easy sensor settings
- 1.1-cubic-foot, stainless-steel interior with light; 13-inch turntable provides even heating
Bring the comforts of home with you on the road with an RV microwave. Whether you’re looking for something to put on the counter, or you want to conserve the little space you have, we’re sure you’ll find what you’re looking for in this guide. Happy trails!
Last update on 2020-10-24 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API