If you’ve ever driven an RV, you’ve probably discovered that RVs pose challenges that cars do not: Their size and lack of mirrors, for example.
Backup cameras are great for navigating in your RV, including avoiding obstacles while reversing, parking, and driving. We’ve curated a list of the best RV backup cameras to help you see clearly.
- 1 Buying Guide
- 2 Buying Recommendations
- 2.1 Budget RV Backup Cameras
- 2.2 Budget – Wired
- 2.3 Budget – Wireless
- 2.4 Premium RV Backup Cameras
- 2.5 Premium – Wired
- 2.6 Premium – Wireless
- 2.7 Multi-Camera RV Backup Cameras
- 2.8 Multi-Camera – Wired
- 2.9 Multi-Camera – Wireless
- 2.10 “Night Vision” RV Backup Cameras
- 2.11 Night Vision – Wired
- 2.12 Night Vision – Wireless
- 3 Navigate with Ease
- What to Consider When Choosing an RV Backup Camera: The first consideration is whether you want a wired or wireless camera. Wired cameras provide more reliable picture quality, while wireless cameras do not have long, bulky cords. You should also consider whether you plan to use the product continually while driving or only when reversing.
- Types of RV Backup Cameras: Aside from wired vs. wireless cameras, multi-cameras and night vision cameras are two other options. Multi-cameras provide a comprehensive view around the vehicle, while night vision cameras offer unique features to help with navigating in the dark.
- Standard Features of RV Backup Cameras: Most cameras are waterproof, offer some form of light for driving at night, and have similar monitor sizes. All cameras should have a wide-angle view (greater than 90°).
- Important Things to Look For: Important things to consider before buying are your specific driving conditions, video quality, and image reliability.
Budget RV Backup Cameras
Here are our top choices that are easy on your wallet.
Budget – Wired
1. eRapta ER01 – Editor’s Pick
- Backup Camera Inneed When Parking Reversing Backing Your Trailer RV to Get Decent Image Quality to Make Your Reversing More Confident and Safty
- Car Rearview Rear View Monitor Camera Itself :Waterproof Camera With 18 Infrared Lights and Updated Sensor & Night Version
- Truck Back up Car Dash Security Sensor Camera for Reverse With 50 Foot Camera Extension Cords:This Wire Is Aircraft Grade.
2. Coolwoo Backup Camera
- 【Upgraded 175° wide angle backup camera】This sophisticated backup camera system comes with an infrared night vision rear view camera that features 6 layer filter glass. 175° wide angle visual scope & 8 IR LEDs makes your night vision as bright as in daylight.
- 【IP68 Waterproof】Designed with fully sealed glue filling craft, this truck backup camera boasts an International Standard IP68 waterproof level. Enjoy superior functionality even in pouring rain & violent storms. No need to worry about any fog/mist getting inside even when heavily flooded with water.
- 【7" Super HD Color Monitor】800*480 high resolution, 2 channel video input & DVD support, this RV backup camera with monitor system ensures you will enjoy superior HD video experience. The monitor will switch to CH2 automatically when reversing, help you accurately stop at the parking space.
Budget – Wireless
1. ZEROXCLUB Wireless Monitor (W01-7) – Editor’s Pick
Premium RV Backup Cameras
These are our favorite premium cameras.
Premium – Wired
1. Rear View Safety Backup Camera RVS-770613 – Editor’s Pick
- Color CCD backup camera with 130 degree viewing angle.
- 18 infra red lights allow you to see up to 50 feet even in the darkest night
- Backup camera is completely waterproof with an IP69K rating
Premium – Wireless
1. TadiBrothers Wireless Backup Camera – Editor’s Pick
- Wireless Backup Camera that Works up to 50ft
- 100% Weatherproof and shock resistant
- Color LCD Monitor
2. Yuwei Wireless Backup Camera System
- ❤〖Upgraded Digital Wireless Signal〗: 100% no interference, wireless transmitting distance up to 328ft(100m), wireless image stays stable & clear even speed reaches 70Mile/h
- ❤〖Easy Installation〗: DIY design, no professional required to install, 80% buyers can complete installation without 50 minutes, save at least 3 hours & a rather large fee then the wired backup camera system
- ❤〖The Biggest Advantage〗: Supports 4 wireless backup cameras！Additional wireless cameras YW-CC062 & YW-CM065TX offering different mounting brackets, you can install it side of the car or anywhere you want. One day you may feel it is necessary to add one/two/three cameras to your car, buy this system, and you can do it
Multi-Camera RV Backup Cameras
Here are the best multi-camera packs for even better viewing.
Multi-Camera – Wired
1. Coolwoo Dual backup camera kit – Editor’s Pick
- 【Dual Cameras Scope】Dual wide angle backup cameras offer you an amazing visual scope. You can just mount one camera in the front and one camera in the rear, get almost full 360 degrees, minimize blind spots and help prevent accidents.
- 【Upgraded 175° wide angle backup camera】This wired backup camera system comes with 2 infrared night vision rear view camera that features 6 layer filter glass and the latest CCD chips. 175°wide angle visual scope & 8 IR LEDs makes your night vision as bright as in daylight.
- 【IP68 Waterproof】Designed with fully sealed glue filling craft, this RV backup camera boasts an International Standard IP68 waterproof level. Enjoy superior functionality even in pouring rain & violent storms. No need to worry about any fog/mist getting inside even when heavily flooded with water.
Multi-Camera – Wireless
1. QuickVu Digital Wireless Backup Camera – Editor’s Pick
- Installs in minutes! No drilling of holes or splicing and routing of wires required.
- Automatic LED-enhanced night vision
- Interference-free long range transmission
“Night Vision” RV Backup Cameras
These are the best cameras for use at night.
Night Vision – Wired
1. ZEROXCLUB ERY01-WIRED – Editor’s Pick
- Wired Backup Camera Inneed When Parking Your Trailer to Get Decent Image Quality to Make Your Reversing More Confident and Safty
- Car Monitor Cam Itself :Waterproof Camera With 18 Infrared Lights and 100% Not Wash Out SHARP CCD Sensor & Night Version
- Auto Dimming:The Auto Dimming Feature Automatically Dims the Display Brightness Based on Ambient Light. This Means a Super Bright Display During the Day and a Dimmer One At Night.
Night Vision – Wireless
1. Rohent Night Vision Continuous Backup Camera – Editor’s Pick
- Friendly Tips: This system we recommend to use on vehicles under 45FT ,such as: Trucks/Rvs/Campers/Trailers and etc. We provide the Furrion Pre-Wired Bracket adapter with Pigtail Wire,you can search ID:B08CGL998S and windshield mount,search ID:B07TZ3GLLW.
- Two Wireless Video Channels Monitoring Two Cameras: Upgraded 7 inch Monitor can switch Split or Single screen.Monitor with Two Wireless Video Input.You can add a second camera(same camera or wireless license plate camera)to the system.Just contact us if you want to get second camera.
- HD Digital Wireless Rear View Camera: This Rohent Digital wireless backup camera designed with 12 infrared light and CCD sensor display images.The Digital wireless unit Built-in the Monitor and Camera, You just hook the antennas and power supply to them, The digital wireless signals automatically transmitted.
2. Furrion Vision FOS43TASF
- Durable and intelligent camera system: Includes a High Resolution (720x480) IP65 waterproof camera with infrared night vision, live streaming, intelligent IR cut filters and wide viewing angles of 120°.
- 4.3" Anti-Glare Monitor: Comes with park assist marker lines. The windshield and table mount allow for easy viewing. Not compatible with Vision 1 or Vision 2 systems
- Long Range Signal Strength: The 2.4GHz wireless communication digitally locks to the camera systems which makes it safe and reliable for all vehicle sizes. Tested for 50 ft at high speeds and extended range of up to 492ft in open spaces. Compatible with RVs, motorhomes, trucks, semi-trailers, box trucks, shuttle buses, commuter buses, and tractors.
It’s not always enough to own an RV – you should feel confident while driving it, too. Choosing your perfect RV camera can be done by considering your desire for reliability, ease of installation, camera transmission needs, vehicle size, and your particular driving conditions.
We hope this list will help you navigate your RV with confidence, both on and off the road.
Last update on 2020-09-19 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API