If you’ve ever driven an RV, you’ve probably discovered that RVs pose challenges that cars do not: Their size and lack of mirrors, for example.
Backup cameras are great for navigating in your RV, including avoiding obstacles while reversing, parking, and driving. We’ve curated a list of the best RV backup cameras to help you see clearly.
- 1 Buying Guide
- 2 Buying Recommendations
- 2.1 Budget RV Backup Cameras
- 2.2 Budget – Wired
- 2.3 Budget – Wireless
- 2.4 Premium RV Backup Cameras
- 2.5 Premium – Wired
- 2.6 Premium – Wireless
- 2.7 Multi-Camera RV Backup Cameras
- 2.8 Multi-Camera – Wired
- 2.9 Multi-Camera – Wireless
- 2.10 “Night Vision” RV Backup Cameras
- 2.11 Night Vision – Wired
- 2.12 Night Vision – Wireless
- 3 Navigate with Ease
- What to Consider When Choosing an RV Backup Camera: The first consideration is whether you want a wired or wireless camera. Wired cameras provide more reliable picture quality, while wireless cameras do not have long, bulky cords. You should also consider whether you plan to use the product continually while driving or only when reversing.
- Types of RV Backup Cameras: Aside from wired vs. wireless cameras, multi-cameras and night vision cameras are two other options. Multi-cameras provide a comprehensive view around the vehicle, while night vision cameras offer unique features to help with navigating in the dark.
- Standard Features of RV Backup Cameras: Most cameras are waterproof, offer some form of light for driving at night, and have similar monitor sizes. All cameras should have a wide-angle view (greater than 90°).
- Important Things to Look For: Important things to consider before buying are your specific driving conditions, video quality, and image reliability.
Budget RV Backup Cameras
Here are our top choices that are easy on your wallet.
Budget – Wired
1. eRapta ER01 – Editor’s Pick
- 3 Mins DIY Backup Camera：No wiring, no drilling, and even less professional installation! Everyone can easily install it only by fixing the screws within 3 minutes. Easy installation saves our time, gives us convenience.
- Stable imaging and signal: You can always trust the eRapta digital wireless reversing camera kit. 120+ feet of signal transmission distance with transmission rates up to 300Mbs with no latency or interference. Even with vehicle speeds up to 70 mph, you'll enjoy superior live images.
- HD Pixel Backup Camera：The erapta reversing camera is equipped with automatic light correction and a CCD sensor that provides excellent night vision while effectively eliminating blind spots. 8 glass lenses provide clear images at 30 frames per second allowing you to easily and safely reverse or park your car, day or night.
2. Coolwoo Backup Camera
- 【Upgraded 175° wide angle backup camera】This sophisticated backup camera system comes with an infrared night vision rear view camera that features 6 layer filter glass. 175° wide angle visual scope & 8 IR LEDs makes your night vision as bright as in daylight.
- 【IP68 Waterproof】Designed with fully sealed glue filling craft, this truck backup camera boasts an International Standard IP68 waterproof level. Enjoy superior functionality even in pouring rain & violent storms. No need to worry about any fog/mist getting inside even when heavily flooded with water.
- 【7" Super HD Color Monitor】800*480 high resolution, 2 channel video input & DVD support, this RV backup camera with monitor system ensures you will enjoy superior HD video experience. The monitor will switch to CH2 automatically when reversing, help you accurately stop at the parking space.
Budget – Wireless
1. ZEROXCLUB Wireless Monitor (W01-7) – Editor’s Pick
Premium RV Backup Cameras
These are our favorite premium cameras.
Premium – Wired
1. Rear View Safety Backup Camera RVS-770613 – Editor’s Pick
- Color CCD backup camera with 130 degree viewing angle.
- 18 infra red lights allow you to see up to 50 feet even in the darkest night
- Backup camera is completely waterproof with an IP69K rating
Premium – Wireless
1. TadiBrothers Wireless Backup Camera – Editor’s Pick
- Wireless Backup Camera that Works up to 50ft
- 100% Weatherproof and shock resistant
- Color LCD Monitor
2. Yuwei Wireless Backup Camera System
- This system is Full HD 1080P Digital Wireless Backup Camera, it transits stable camera video signal with no interference, it’s ideal rear view camera system recommend to use is system we recommend to use on vehicles under 60ft, such as: RVs/Trucks/Campers/Trailers and etc.
- Wireless monitor supports max four wireless cameras, and displays cameras in optional view modes, full view single camera, split view two cameras, quad view four wireless cameras, this system included one camera, spare camera’s model is YW-AHD0628 or search B094D2KZ39.
- Wireless reverse camera has good view angle enable to see almost blind spots when you reversing the vehicle, this helpful for you safety driving. Wireless rear view camera is also with high waterproof grade IP69, suitable to use in different environments. Monitor uses IPS screen, driver can see clear picture of camera video at any angle without reflection or blur, sun-shade cover also helps to avoid direct sunlight on monitor.
Multi-Camera RV Backup Cameras
Here are the best multi-camera packs for even better viewing.
Multi-Camera – Wired
1. Coolwoo Dual backup camera kit – Editor’s Pick
- 【Dual Cameras Scope】Dual wide angle backup cameras offer you an amazing visual scope. You can just mount one camera in the front and one camera in the rear, get almost full 360 degrees, minimize blind spots and help prevent accidents.
- 【Upgraded 175° wide angle backup camera】This wired backup camera system comes with 2 infrared night vision rear view camera that features 6 layer filter glass and the latest CCD chips. 175°wide angle visual scope & 8 IR LEDs makes your night vision as bright as in daylight.
- 【IP68 Waterproof】Designed with fully sealed glue filling craft, this RV backup camera boasts an International Standard IP68 waterproof level. Enjoy superior functionality even in pouring rain & violent storms. No need to worry about any fog/mist getting inside even when heavily flooded with water.
Multi-Camera – Wireless
1. QuickVu Digital Wireless Backup Camera – Editor’s Pick
“Night Vision” RV Backup Cameras
These are the best cameras for use at night.
Night Vision – Wired
1. ZEROXCLUB ERY01-WIRED – Editor’s Pick
- [HD 720P&Safety] 720P provides you with real, vivid and colorful images, 7 Inch LCD monitor bring high picture quality and clarity, so you can see the environment behind car more clear. You could confidently back up and do not worry about the people who walking behind your moving vehicle with their heads down texting!
- [No interference&Easy To Use] Due to the backup camera being hard wired and CCD sensor,the images are not blurry and no interference.You can adjust color, brightness, hue as per your like. And you can also flip the picture upside down if you want too.
- [IP69K warterproof&Night Vison] The Rear Camera is in a metal housing and with an IP69 waterproof, you don't worry about water or dirt intrusion. The ZEROXCLUB Reversing Camera support 2 cameras, which allow you to add an additional camera CM-ERY01(B082HKJ4XC) and you can switch views at will. Equipped with 18 LED infrared lights, it can also be seen clearly at night.
Night Vision – Wireless
1. Rohent Night Vision Continuous Backup Camera – Editor’s Pick
- 1.Easy Installation,Plug and Play.Large monitor power by a cigarette plug on/off.RV backup camera power by tail light/running light/reversing light.For general installation,just takes 30mins or Prewired for furrion 15mins.
- 2.Clear HD 1080P Picture sharp clear color image, crystal night vision back up camera for truck. rv IP69 waterproof camera with a nice wide angle view and reduce blind area. SD card slot for recording video, supports 4GB-128GB SD card.
- 3.Strong Signals transmission up to 320ft no lag time or loss of signal. Video transmission from camera is very clear. Trailer camera system wireless supports 4 cameras, second wireless side view camera avl. Monitor can be split screen or quad screen.
2. Furrion Vision FOS43TASF
- Easy & Quick Installation: Vision S Sharkfin Camera is an easy plug and play for pre-prepped RVs, eliminating extensive drilling requirements. Easy set-up even for non-prepped RVs, with instructions mentioned in the User Manual
- Durable and intelligent camera system: Includes a High Resolution (720x480) IP65 waterproof camera with infrared night vision, live streaming, intelligent IR cut filters and wide viewing angles of 120°.
- 4.3" Touch Screen Anti-glare Monitor: Comes with park assist marker lines. The windshield and table mount allow for easy viewing.
It’s not always enough to own an RV – you should feel confident while driving it, too. Choosing your perfect RV camera can be done by considering your desire for reliability, ease of installation, camera transmission needs, vehicle size, and your particular driving conditions.
We hope this list will help you navigate your RV with confidence, both on and off the road.
Last update on 2022-11-30 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API