Hopping into your RV and hitting the road can make for a perfect winter vacation- but when the temperature drops, you need to have the inside of your RV toasty warm. That is where RV furnaces come in. However, not all RV furnaces are effective – that’s why we’ve compiled our top picks for RV-friendly heaters powerful enough to throw out plenty of heat.
In this elaborate guide, we will outline some of the critical aspects to consider when purchasing your RV furnace and provide a review of the best RV furnace choices out there.
For starters, here are some of the things you need to understand before purchasing a furnace for your RV.
- Heating needs: The size of space you want heat matters. For instance, do you need a furnace that heats your entire RV, or are you looking for one with more localized heat?
- In what climates you mainly operate in or inhabit your RV?: If you mainly inhabit your RV in colder climates, you require an efficient heater with a high enough BTU to keep the spaces within your RV heated. It is even critical if you are in areas where it is perpetually cold since this will need more heat, thus increasing your reliability on your unit.
- Size does matter: If you need a standard suburban RV furnace, you are required to stick to specific dimensions. Whereas if you opt to go for an electric model, you are not as limited in space. The bigger the furnace, the more area/heat it is likely to cover as well.
- Conduct the necessary scrutiny: You need to identify whether your RV has any built-in air vents, pipes, or other determinants that may affect the kind of heater you need to buy.
- Our recommendation: We recommend that customers look for furnaces that have additional features that suit your specific needs and increase the level of comfort of your living space. Some of the best include environmentally friendly units and ones fitted with PTC/NTC thermistors. Moreover, be sure to buy a furnace that is not likely to produce carbon monoxide or cause fires.
Budget RV Furnaces
Check out our top picks for budget-friendly Furnaces
1. Handy Heater Wall Heater – Editor’s Pick
- EASY TO USE: The Handy Heater is made for your convenience. Simply plug in the Handy Heater into any outlet for quick and easy heat instantly!
- DIGITAL TEMPERATURE DISPLAY: The Handy Heater features a digital temperature display where you can adjust to your ideal temperature. It also features a programmable 12-hour timer.
- COMPACT DESIGN: Have warmth and comfort wherever you like to relax - the Handy Heater’s compact design allows to travel with you wherever you’d like to keep warm.
2. Lasko CD09250 Ceramic Heater
- 3 quiet settings - including high heat, low heat, and fan only make this electric space heater ideal for warming up an area in your home or home office. Combined with an adjustable thermostat This personal space heater is great from small areas.
- Adjustable thermostat - allows you to adjust the heater's 1500 watt ceramic heating element. With 11 different temperature settings you're sure to find a comfortable setting. Simply turn the dial to the heat setting you desire and enjoy comforting heat.
- Convenient carry handle - makes it easy to move the space heater. Thanks to the heater's compact Size and convenient carry handle you can easily move the heater from the kitchen, to the bedroom, or under the desk.
Premium RV Furnaces
These furnaces are our premium picks
1. Camco 57351 Olympian Wave-8 LP Gas Catalytic Heater – Editor’s Pick
- Adjustable from 4200 - 8000 BTU/hr allow it to be used as a secondary heating source
- Wave heaters operate on low pressure gas, and can be wall mounted or used as a portable unit
- No electrial drain or battery connection make it the ideal solution for boondocking and dry camping
2. Bovada USA 166648 Ceramic Space Heater
- EASY TO USE: Simply turn the dial to high or low heat, or fan only, and then, using the other dial, adjust the intensity to your comfort. A red power indicator light shows when the device is on.
- SUPER PORTABLE POWER: Small in size and lightweight with a convenient carrying handle, this portable heater can take away the chill and warm you up whenever and wherever you need it.
- SAVVY TECHNOLOGY: These heaters use a Positive Temperature Coefficient (PTC) heating system in which specialized ceramic heating discs enhance the transfer of heat in small spaces.
Electric RV Furnaces
Check out our top picks for electric-powered furnaces
1. DeLonghi Oil-Filled Radiator – Editor’s Pick
- Lower energy bills by heating only the room you’re in, you can lower your thermostat and lower your energy bills.
- No assembly required only De’Longhi has patented SmartSnap pre-assembled wheels that require no assembly and make it easy to move from room to room.
- Comfort temp technology: Cuts your costs by automatically maintaining the optimal temperature and power settings.
2. Multifun Ceramic Space Heater
- 【ETL COMPLIANCE & EXTREME SAFETY MEASURE FIRE-RETARDANT METAL SHELL】Major components of the space heater are made from V0 flame-resistant materials, conforming with ETL or UL certification. Encased in fire-retardant metal shell, unlike most plastic shell in the market, the heater is far more durable and safe. The red indicator LED lights up when you turn on the heater, so you know it is operating properly. With ETL compliance, you and your beloved ones can enjoy the warmth no any safety worries
- 【2 SEC RAPID HEATING CERAMIC HEATER & ANGLED LEGS FOR BETTER HEAT CIRCULATION】 PTC ceramic heater with large air outlet, provides fast rapid heating within 2 sec, longer lifespan and no annoying red light. The unique angled legs enables hot air to blow upwards and distributes warm air evenly around a room quickly. This easy-to-carry heater fan is perfect for office, small apartment unit, dormitory–a compact space-saving heater gives powerful warmth.
- 【ELECTRIC HEATER WITH ADJUSTABLE THERMOSTAT】With a simple adjustable dial control, you can easily preset the thermostat within the range of 41 ~ 95°F. This keeps your room temperature at the most optimal level and reduce your power consumption.
3. Lasko 755320 Ceramic Space Heater
- 2 Quiet Settings - including high heat and low heat plus an Auto setting make this electric space heater ideal for warming up an area in your home or home office. With widespread oscillation this heater distributes warm air throughout the room
- Adjustable Thermostat - with digital display allows you to adjust the heater's 1500 watt ceramic heating element. With an easy to read digital temperature display you can select a wide range of temperatures in Fahrenheit or Celsius
- Remote Control & Built-in Timer - allows you to adjust the heater's temperature, timer, oscillation and more from a distance. While the easy to program timer allows you to select 1 hour to 8 hours, in 1 hour intervals
Gas/Propane RV Furnaces
Check out our top pick for gas/propane furnaces
1. Mr. Heater MH9BX F232000 Buddy Indoor-Safe Portable Radiant Heater – Editor’s Pick
- 4,000- to 9,000-BTU radiant heater for spaces up to 225 square feet. Approved for indoor/outdoor use; clean-burning; nearly 100-percent efficient
- When operating the heater at altitudes over 7,000 FT above sea level the heater may shut off.
- Auto shut-off if tipped over, if pilot light goes out, or if detects low oxygen levels. Fuel Consumption/Burn Rate (Gal/Hr) at 4000 BTU = 0.044 Gal/Hr, at 9000 BTU = 0.099 Gal/Hr
2. Suburban 2453A Dynatrail NT-30 RV Furnace
- Electronic ignition
- Vent assembly included
- Ideal replacement furnace
3. Suburban NT-16SEQ 2438ABK Furnace
- Electronic ignition
- Vent assembly included
- Ideal replacement furnace
There is no disadvantage to installing an efficient furnace on your RV. However, it is essential to choose one that fits your needs. There are several factors involved when selecting the right furnace, but keep in mind that safety should always be your first concern.
Check out our list of the best RV furnaces (both electric and gas/propane powered) above and we’re sure you won’t regret your choice.
Last update on 2020-06-02 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API