RV’s are known for fabulous features that allow you to experience the outdoors in the most comfortable manner possible. One such feature is an RV ladder. Whether you want to take your telescope to the roof to observe the stars or simply need to do some regular maintenance, having an RV ladder that is dependable, sturdy, and strong will make your life a lot easier. Not only are the safest ways to get to the top of your RV, but some can offer additional features such as added storage.
How do you know what to look for in an RV ladder? For starters, you will need to consider the following:
- Look for a durable construction: You will want an RV ladder that is durable, rust-free, and lightweight. The material used will dictate the life of your ladder as well as the overall weight it will add to your RV. Typically, RV ladders are made out of an aluminum alloy.
- Know your needs: Most RV ladders are installed directly onto the outside of the RV. However, some RVs either can not support this or work better with a telescoping or collapsible ladder that you store inside the vehicle. Chair and bike rack ladders are also good for RV’s that need additional storage.
- Ease of installation: Whether you are looking for a collapsible ladder or an attached one, consider the level of difficulty with set up and installation. Do you have the right tools to do it yourself, or will you need a professional?
- Safety features: Know the safety features of your RV ladder, including weight capacity, step widths, climbing grips, retraction and extension capabilities, etc.
Budget RV Ladders
Check out our top picks for the best budget friendly RV Ladders.
1. Surco 501L Universal Motorhome Ladder – Editor’s Pick
For an easy to install and well-priced ladder, the Surco 501L Universal Motorhome Ladder is a great option to go with.
- Manufactured from heavy gauge 1 inch aluminum
- Bright dipped polished finish
- Non-slip, wide steps
2. Luisladders Aluminum Telescoping Extension Ladder
- MADE TO LAST: Made from corrosion-resistant quality aluminum alloy, it has the sturdy frame and slip-resistant rungs for 330 lbs weight capacity and is resistant to corrosion and rust. It's qualified with the EN131 certificate for safe materials, environmentally-friendly and high performance.
- SAFE AND RELIABLE: double couplings on every rung guarantee your hands in right position to avoid pinching; bottom caps on the feet can avoid tipping over. The height can be adjusted to your needs.
- PORTABLE AND CONVENIENT: lightweight and compact size, easy to transport and store; a heavy duty securing strap secures the ladder firmly and with the grip handle, you can easy to carry the ladder with one hand. Great for Home/Building maintenance, Washing window, Exterior/Interior Decorating, Painting etc.
Premium RV Ladders
Take a closer look at our premium pick for RV ladders.
1. Ohuhu 12.5 Ft Aluminum Telescopic Extension Ladder – Editor’s Pick
The Ohuhu brand offers everything you need and more in this telescopic ladder. When it comes to premium tools for your RV, Ohuhu has a reputation for premium quality.
- ✅ One Button Retraction: Convenience is key! That’s why we’ve designed this ladder with easy one button retraction. Simply press down on the thumb buttons and the ladder will slide down effortlessly.
- ✅ Premium Aluminum Alloy: The Ohuhu Telescopic Extension Ladder is crafted from high-quality aluminum alloy. It’s lightweight and easy to carry without sacrificing strength.
- ✅ Rock-Solid Stability: This ladder is as sturdy as they come, with a weight capacity of up to 330lbs! Non-slip end caps hold the base firmly in place, while extra-wide steps ensure safe climbing. We’ve also made sure that this ladder is compliant with EN131 and SGS European safety standards to give you some peace of mind.
Outdoor RV Ladders
Looking for a durable outdoor RV ladder? These top-rated ladders are excellent options.
1. Stromberg Carlson LA-401 Universal Exterior RV Ladder – Editor’s Pick
- 1″ diameter ladder tubing.
- All screws connecting the ladder to the RV must be fastened to the RV’s sub frame or backing
- Color: Silver
2. DELXO 12.5 Aluminum Telescoping Extension Ladder
- ➽Extension Ladder: Delxo Telescope Ladder Extends to 12.5 ft, and it’s equipped with a locking feature which locks at every step using two steel locking pins that automatically spring into place when the ladder is opened (extended) to ensure you climb safely.
- ➽ Premium Aluminum Alloy: The Delxo aluminum extension Ladder is crafted from high-quality aluminum alloy. It’s lightweight and easy to carry without sacrificing strength.
- ➽ Safe to Use: No more pinched fingers! The telescoping ladder’s high quality construction ensures that each section expands and retracts safely. Intelligent locking pins hold the sections in place and prevent sliding, and the ladder will retract smoothly and slowly.
Other RV Ladder Attachments
Take an in-depth look at some other RV ladder attachment options.
1. Stromberg Carlson LA-460B 60” Black Bunk Ladder – Editor’s Pick
An RV ladder has plenty of uses on the outside of your vehicle, but what about the inside? For something as daily as getting to the top bunk, a ladder like the Stromberg Carlson LA-460B Bunk Ladder is a dependable ladder to invest in.
- Bunk ladder includes padded rubber treads, and two styles of attachment for safety (hooks and extrusions)
- Package Dimensions: 5.842 L x 156.21 H x 37.846 W (centimeters)
- Package Weight : 2.971 kilograms
2. Swagman Ladder RV Bike Rack
- EASY TO ASSEMBLE: The LADDER RACK mounts quickly to your RV ladder with hooks; bikes and the bike rack are secured in place with rubber straps (2 straps included)
- WORRY FREE SECURITY: The dual arm design provides good support while the soft cradles holds bikes securely so you don't have to worry about your bikes falling off. The rack also comes with reflectors at the end of each arm for added safety
- VERSATILE: This rack carries up to 2 bikes and fits most RV & motorhome ladder rungs. It provides great support for bikes with dual arm design. Maximum weight capacity of 35Ibs. per bike.
3. Stromberg Carlson LA148 Universal Outdoor Ladder
- Get a leg up on climbing your coach's ladder
- 48" ladder is secured to coach's exterior ladder
- Supports up to 250 lbs. at a 12 Degree angle
RVs were designed to get you outdoors and closer to nature. Having an appropriate RV ladder for your specific needs will allow you to do just that. But before you go out and purchase the first RV ladder you see, be sure to recognize the purpose it serves and whether or not that purpose would be beneficial to you the next time you are on the road.
Do you have any experience with any of the ladders that we have listed above? Be sure to let us know in the comment section your thoughts. We hope that our list has helped you in narrowing down your options for your next RV ladder or RV ladder attachment.
Last update on 2020-08-06 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API