When it comes to controlling the temperature in your RV, installing an efficient thermostat is a priority. Without an RV thermostat to control your RV’s air conditioner and furnace, the inside of your RV would be marginally unbearable.
In this comprehensive guide, we tell you what features to look for when buying an RV thermostat and share some of our top-rated choices.
The process of purchasing a RV thermostat might not be as simple as purchasing what is in your local camping store. From Analog RV thermostats to digital, WIFI-connected RV thermostats to programmable, you’ve got tons of options, which can be a little overwhelming
Before you go out and purchase your RV thermostat, you need to figure out your needs and understand the importance of your RV’s thermostat.
- Features: RV thermostats come with various features that may or may not be advantageous to you as an RV owner. Some have the capability of controlling it with your phone and is a setback feature in case your phone runs out of power. Such a feature may come in handy for one individual, but might be unnecessary for someone else.
- Warranty: It is essential to know the warranty of your product. If it doesn’t have a warranty, don’t buy it. Buying a product that does not have a warranty means that you are merely setting up yourself for problems down the road.
- Quality: If you can’t see the quality of the thermostat in person, it’s always a good idea to take a close look at customer reviews and other related feedback.
- Technology: The technology utilized in the design of the RV thermostat should be taken into consideration. You may love the fact that you can spend less time adjusting your RV thermostat when you opt to install a programmable thermostat.
- Ease of Installation: Another thing that you should consider when shopping for the right RV thermostat is looking for one that is not complicated to install. It should provide a detailed description of how to install the product. With an easy installation process, you won’t have to worry about any RV thermostat issues. Plus, you will not need to hire a professional to do it for you.
Best Budget RV Thermostats
Looking for a budget-friendly thermostat? You don’t need to sacrifice quality and dependability. Here’s our top pick.
1. Coleman Rv Camper Mach Manual Thermostat – Editor’s Pick
This thermostat from Coleman is our favorite pick for budget-friendly RV thermostats. It’s also compact, stylish, and durable.
It offers simple operations since it comes with complete control of your heat pump, gas, Hydronics, electric heating strip, air conditioner, and fans from a reliable and easy to use thermostat. Switches enable you to adjust the heating, cooling and fan speeds settings individually if you need it.
Best Premium RV Thermostat
A premium thermostat should be high-quality and reliable. Our top choice doesn’t disappoint.
1. Dometic D3106995.032 Heat/Cool Analog Thermostat – Editor’s Pick
This Dometic Heat/Cool Thermostat is manufactured by a company that is known for producing premium products.
- Helps you provide comfort and convenience
- Domestic durability
- Please ensure part will fit before ordering
Non-Programmable RV Thermostats
Want to adjust the temperature at your own convenience? Check out our top pick for non-programmable RV thermostats.
1. Honeywell TH5110D1006 Non-Programmable Thermostat – Editor’s Pick
If you are looking for a versatile non-programmable thermostat, we highly recommend the thermostat from the well-known brand in heating and cooling, Honeywell.
- Easy-to see and read. large, clear backlit digital display
- Standard display size 1.5 square inches
- Easy-access battery replacement door
Best Programmable RV Thermostats
Programmable RV thermostats are a “must” for many RVers. Check out our top pick for programmable RV thermostats.
1. Honeywell 1 Week Programmable Thermostat – Editor’s Pick
Another thermostat from Honeywell, this programmable thermostat is loaded with options and is one is a popular choice among RVers.
- One program for the entire week-4 periods per day
- Digital display
- Compatible with heating, cooling and heat pumps without auxiliary heat, Does not work with electric baseboard heat (120-240V) multistage HVAC systems
Best Digital RV Thermostats
Digital RV thermostats are becoming increasingly popular due to the versatility and temperature accuracy. Check out our top pick.
1. LuxPro PSD010BF Thermostat – Editor’s Pick
LuxPro PSD010BF Thermostat is our favorite RV digital thermostat because it can control heat precisely, is energy-efficient, and easy to operate.
- Digital accuracy
- Fan switch
- Battery powered only
Best Analog RV Thermostat
Even though analog RV thermostats are not the number one choice for many of today’s RVers, this thermostat is an excellent choice.
1. Atwood 38453 Thermostat – Editor’s Pick
The Atwood analog is easy to use, set up, and works well in RVs where controlling your heat is essential.
Most of today’s RV thermostats come with a variety of features and are reasonably priced. With all of the options available, there is at least one that will fit all your needs and budget.
Don’t forget to consider all the factors that we mentioned in our Buying Guide and carefully research any product to ensure it’s the right fit for your RV’s heating and cooling.
Last update on 2022-01-23 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API