RV vent systems and covers often lie under the radar. However, they are some of the essential equipment you need to get the most out of your time RVing. Air quality and humidity can often mean the difference between a good night’s sleep and a session of tossing and turning all night long. Our guide will clear the way to give you a better understanding of what you need to know.
Several factors will tip the scale one way or another for comfort, affordability, and ROI when buying or upgrading an RV vent system. They include:
- Benefits of a High-Quality Product: Air quality is one thing that we strongly urge you not to skimp. Its effects on your comfort are profound.
- Types of Vent Covers: Some units attach directly to your existing system, whereas others are a separate component.
- Considerations When Choosing a Cover or System: Your RVing style is a vital factor for determining the performance of the unit and your budget.
- Important Maintenance and Tech Factors: Specs to consider include the cubic feet of air movement (CFM), energy usage, and speed settings.
Budget RV Vent Covers
1. Camco RV Vent Insulator And Skylight Cover – Editor’s Pick
- RV VENT REFLECTIVE INSULATION: Camco’s vent insulator blocks the sun's damaging rays. It helps keep your RV cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter.
- SAVES ENERGY: This product reduces heat transfer and increases A/C efficiency.
- COMPATIBILITY: The vent insulator for RV trailers fits standard 14″ RV vents. This camper accessory is an RV must-have. It’s great for motorhomes, travel trailers, 5th wheels, and more.
2. Camp’N Universal RV Vent Cover
- ➊ The Camp'N Replacement RV Roof Vent Cover is compatable with most popular roof vents. Compatable with Ventline roof vents prior to 2008 and Elixir roof vents starting 1994. Please reference the images in the listing to make sure your vent is compatable with this replacement.
- ➋ Each Camp'N RV vent cover replacement measures 14" x 14"
- ➌ Our Highly Durable rv ceiling vent covers are manufactured with impact resistant plastics for longlife.
3. VETOMILE RV Roof Vent Cover
- Excellent Quality Material: Made from ABS plastic and galvanized iron, make it lightweight and durable, effectively block the UV rays, prevent rain
- Easy Installation: Easy to install and replace, only need pliers or a flat screwdriver to bend the clips on the end of the hinge.
- Sturdy Construction: One long continuous hinge for fully adjustment, to make the RV roof vent cover has good stability.
Premium RV Vent Covers
1. HKH Industries RV Roof Vent Cover – Editor’s Pick
- Standard Universal RV Roof Vent Non-Powered w/ Low Profile Metal Lid Heng's Part # 75111-C
- 1” Inner Garnish / Trim Ring Heng's Part # 90090
- NO MOUNTING HARDWARE you must provide caulk/putty and screws
2. Cynder 02032 Universal Roof Vent Cover
- Fits Over Most 14" x 14" Standard Roof Vents
- Installs easily
- UV stabilized resin for years of rugged use
1. Fan-Tastic Vent RV Roof Vent – Editor’s Pick
- THREE-SPEED FAN - This lightweight, compact and durable vent fan seals tight when not in use. Powerful 12 in, 10-blade fan quickly moves air in and out of the cabin. The core of this truly fantastic ventilation solution is a high performance rotary fan that features three blade speeds; low, medium, and high
- ACHIEVE THE IDEAL ON-BOARD TEMPERATURE – For true comfort at your convenience, the Fantastic Vent has a built-in thermostat to take care of maintaining your desired temperature
- REVERSIBLE AIRFLOW - The powerful yet compact Dometic Fantastic Vent has fixed, manual speeds or automatic variable speeds to get the airflow precisely as you want. It's simple reverse switch changes the fan direction, drawing air in or out of the vehicle
2. Maxxair Vent Corp 00-04000K Maxxfan Plus Vent
- Remote control models now include backup controls at ceiling, a MaxxFan exclusive
- Fan runs with lid closed to circulate air (Ceiling Fan Mode)
- Flush mounted, easy to clean keypad controls fan speed, thermostat, air intake and exhaust
Best Mounted RV Vent Covers
1. Maxxair 00-933066 Original Vent Cover – Editor’s Pick
- Protects your RV's interior from rain
- Constant airflow prevents heat build-up, lets musty air, smoke and cooking odors escape
- Proven, super tough one piece design
2. Camco Smoke Standard Roof Vent Cover
- Allows Fresh Air Ventilation and Light: Allows you to leave the vent open rain or shine
- Easy to Clean: Features removable louvers for easy cleaning; Includes built-in insect screen
- Aerodynamic Design: Aerodynamic styling offers high flow ventilation with a design that allows you to keep it open when it’s raining, or even when you’re traveling
Final Thoughts About the Best RV Vent Systems
Comfort is the most critical consideration when RVing, whether it’s your HVAC system or air circulation with the vent. It’s easy to forget at home when you have climate control in your favor. When you camp, you have to make allowances to ensure that you have the best RV systems and covers.
Last update on 2023-12-05 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API