As an avid traveler or camper, one thing you have to deal with constantly is where to relieve yourself when the need arises. Toilets are a luxury when taking a long trip. Fortunately, you don’t have to worry about where to do your business thanks to the invention of portable toilets.
Read on to learn more about how portable toilets can come in handy when you are road-tripping, camping, or going for long-haul truck driving.
Below are some tips on what to look for when shopping for a portable toilet.
- Consider Quality and Durability: Check to see that the toilet has durable plastic as this guarantees longevity. Moreover, it should withstand adult weight as stability is essential.
- Container Volume is Critical: You should know how much the container can take before getting full if you’re planning to go on a hiking or camping trip for a week.
- Check the Weight: The weight of the toilet determines the ease of use and transfer when you go on a trip or camping. It’s essential to know the weight the toilet can support for each person.
- Ease of Setup: Portable toilets require you to set them up every time you get to your destination. That’s why you need to check if the toilet is easy to set up for use and how quickly it takes to dismantle and store after use.
- Check the Toilet’s Dimensions: Measure the dimensions of a previous toilet to have an idea of what dimensions to look for in the portable toilet.
- Don’t Forget Ease of Disposal: You’ll need to empty the toilet despite its efficiency. Some areas have restrictions on wastes, something that can make it challenging when dealing with a portable toilet. Check to see how waste disposal works with your preferred portable toilet.
Best Portable Camping Toilets
Some of the best portable camping toilets include:
1. Camco 41535 Premium Portable Travel Toilet – Editor’s Pick
Being a lightweight product means that you can easily carry it around even with a full tank. Individuals can operate the latch system using one hand. Another outstanding aspect is the premium materials that are used to construct this toilet. The lid has a durable ABS resin.
- Detachable Holding Tank: 5. 3 gallon holding tank is detachable
- Prevents Leaks and Odors: Holding tank seals firmly to prevent escaping leaks and odors
- Pump Flush: Fresh water holding tank utilizes a pump flush action to effectively rinse the bowl of the toilet
2. Sanitation Equipment Visa Potty Model: 248 Portable Toilet
3. Domestic Portable Toilet
Best Portable RV Toilets
Portable RV toilets allow you to handle your business if you don’t want to go outside because it’s dark or raining. Some options you may want to consider include:
1. Palm Spring Outdoor Recreation Toilet – Editor’s Pick
Its compact and lightweight design means you can place the toilet where you prefer. The leak-proof tanks have high-density polyethylene, which makes them durable. Corrosion-resistant side latches on the toilet help to lock the tanks. You’ll find the recreational toilet simple to clean and ideal for multiple activities.
- Self-contained portable toilet for camp site, boat, RV, or other recreation
- Sturdy full-size seat/lid; lushes like residential toilet; matte finish conceals scratches
- 3-gallon freshwater holding tank and 5-gallon waste-water holding tank
2. Porta Potti Curve Portable Toilet for RV
- [VERSATILITY]: Award-winning, top-of-the-line portable toilet, suited for RVs, boats, trucks, vans, healthcare, medical, camping and even off-the-grid lifestyle, with a 4 gallons fresh water tank capacity and a 5.5 gallons waste water capacity
- [DESIGN]: Sleek, modern, and homelike look, Porta Potti Curve comes with a comfortable seat height, increased bowl size, and battery-powered flush
- [FUNCTIONALITY]: Easy to use and clean, Curve has an ergonomic carrying handle, an integrated toilet paper holder, and a tank level indicator
Best Budget Portable Toilets
If you’re looking for a portable toilet on a budget, here are some options to consider.
1. Reliance Control Corporation Luggable Loo Five Gallon Toilet – Editor’s Pick
- Compatible with reliance's standard Double doodle bag
2. Cleanwaste Go Anywhere Portable Toilet
- Each Includes One portable toilet, 1 GO anywhere toilet kit, Instruction sheet
- Built-in carry handle.
- Supports up to 500 Lbs.
3. PARTYSAVING Multiple Gallon Travel Outdoor Camping Boat Portable Toilet Potty
Premium Portable Toilets
If you’re looking for some high-end portable toilets, here are some options to explore.
1. Thetford 92306 Porta Potti – Editor’s Pick
- VERSATILITY: Award-winning, top-of-the-line portable toilet, suited for RVs, boats, trucks, vans, healthcare, camping and even off-the-grid lifestyle
- DESIGN: Sleek, modern, and homelike look, Porta Potti Curve comes with a comfortable seat height, increased bowl size, and battery-powered flush
- FUNCTIONALITY: Easy to use and clean, Curve has an ergonomic carrying handle, an integrated toilet paper holder, and a tank level indicator
2. SereneLife SLCATL320 Portable Toilet
- GO IN COMFORT ANYWHERE: Whether heading off for an unforgettable backwoods camping trip or traveling with the family, this portable toilet kit by Serene Life lets you go wherever and whenever nature calls!
- #1 PORTABLE TRAVEL TOILET: Boating enthusiasts, frequent travelers And road tripping families turn to our compact traveling toilet seat because it can tag along without taking up too much room or weighing your down.
- EXTRA LARGE TOILET TANK: The 5. 3 gallon toilet tank holds more than most other portable camping toilets, which means you'll have to empty it less often. And waste water tank level indication let you know when it's time!
Finding a portable toilet requires you to consider durability, comfort, waste management among other factors. The above list has some of the top-rated portable toilets whether you’re looking for something for your camping trip or RV. If you’re looking for a premium option, you may want to consider the Thetford Corp Porta Potti that comes with a unique shape and electronic flush.
Last update on 2020-02-17 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API