Having dry clothes is a necessity—but sometimes you don’t have space or the means to get a full-size dryer. Fortunately, damp laundry is a thing of the past with these compact and portable clothes dryers. Read on for what you need to know plus recommendations for the best portable dryers.
Best Portable Dryers Buying Guide
- What to consider: Depending on where you plan to use the dryer, voltage and power options may matter. Plus, one size doesn’t fit all, especially in apartments and other compact spaces.
- Types of portable dryers: Portable dryers are typically electric. Voltage can be a concern and is commonly 120V (or 110) or 220 (or 240V). You’ll also find plug-in clothes dryers such as hanging models and closet-type structures.
- How to choose a dryer: Note whether you need 120 or 220V, plus how much space you have to dedicate to laundry. Decide whether you want a wall-mount, ground, or collapsible type.
- Important features: Different program options are helpful in a dryer to address various clothing materials and types. End-of-cycle alerts are ideal, too.
- Standard portable dryer options: Portable dryers tend to be easy to assemble and disassemble. They often have lint filters and multiple cycle length selections. Some dryers require venting, and may need a kit to vent properly.
Best Budget Portable Dryers
If you’re on a budget but need a functional dryer, consider one of these budget buys.
1. Panda Portable Ventless Clothes Dryer – Editor’s Pick
- Panda is Top Brand in Washing Machine /Dryer Category
- Provides various choices for your need with excellent quality and customer service
- Easy to assemble and disassemble. No Vent or special outlet needed
2. Manatee Clothes Dryer Portable Rack
A handy drying rack when drum dryers aren’t an option
Best Premium Portable Dryers
If you have a bit more to invest, one of these premium portable dryers may fit the bill.
1. hOmeLabs Compact Laundry Dryer – Editor’s Pick
A handy drying rack when drum dryers aren’t an option
- ELECTRIC FRONT LOAD CLOTHES DRYER - This front-loading electric clothes dryer is up for tackling almost anything your family can throw at it, and features a spacious 2.6 cubic feet capacity and dries up to 9lbs of clothing. An integrated viewing window and a high quality stainless steel tub resists nicks and scratches and boasts the smoothest finish
- LAUNDRY DAY YOUR WAY - Customize the settings for each load with 3 easy to navigate and highly responsive mechanical controls downside for versatile clothing care options. Settings includes Cool Down which cools the items for 0-20 mins, Heat Dry which dries items and continuous heating up to 180 mins under timer mode and Air Dry which runs with cool air for 0-80 mins
- ENERGY EFFICIENT & QUIET TUMBLING - Equipped with a technologically advanced lint filter that is easy to clean to work efficiently and automatic shutoff to save energy. It also formulated for quiet drying, allowing it to run while you’re sleeping or going about your daily routine without interruption
2. Barton Digital Electric Compact Dryer
Conventional drying in an accessible package
- Compact & Portable Machine -The weight of this clothes dryer is only 44lbs, and the small size makes it portable. It's compact feature is perfect for small space like apartments, dormitories, and more; Multi-Function Laundry Machine - According to the material and weight of the cloth, you can set the time length or different mode for drying and timer
- Powerful Performance - With 850W power and 2.8KG large capacity this clothes dryer can ensure your clothes to be dry sooner. Even though it lasts rainy, you can still put on your beautiful dresses every day
- Electric Front Load Clothes Dryer - This front-loading electric clothes dryer is up for tackling almost anything your family can throw at it, & features a spacious cubic feet capacity and dries up to 2.8kg of clothing. An integrated viewing window and a high quality stainless steel tub resists nicks and scratches and boasts the smoothest finish
Best Portable Dryers for Apartments without Hookups
For long-term use in an apartment or home without laundry hookups, these picks are functional and reliable.
1. Giantex Full-Automatic Washing Machine and Spin Dryer – Editor’s Pick
Ideal for apartments that need washing and drying capabilities
- 【Easy to Operate】: Designed with a fully automatic programmed, this washing machine provides the best cleaning and rinsing performance. 6 programs, 3 water level selections and indicator light on the control panel. You can select the appropriate programs and water level according to different cloth to meet your needs. Simply set the washing machine program, and then just leave it alone to work and do your own things during the laundry.
- 【Barrel Light Function】: This fully automatic washing machine equipped with a barrel light on the stainless inner tub which is good for protecting human eyes and skin. the barrel light will automatically on for 5 mins when upper cover is opened in the initial state or during operation. You can easily operate it even light in your room is turned off.
- 【Compact Design & Large Capacity】: This washing machine is compact and lightweight for you to move it easily. But the stainless steel honeycomb shaped inner tub can load 7.7 lbs at one time and wash many clothes for you. With a space-saving design, it is perfect for your home, apartment or even taking it for outdoor activities like camping.
2. Panda PAN40SF Portable Dryer
Convenient in-apartment drying with simple setup
- Capacity 8.8lbs, /2.65cu.ft. 120V outlet, plug anywhere you like
- 44lbs to carry around. Perfect for small living spaces such as apartments, dorm, or condos. It is also lightweight enough, can take it with you in an RV or camping trip
- Since it's 110V, it may take longer to dry than a regular dryer which is 220v.
3. Sentern Compact Laundry Dryer
Full-size style in a smaller package
- [Classic Compact Design] Compact laundry dryer features wide heating selection: Hot(120-200 min), Warm (60-120 min), Cool (0-20 min), Air Dry (0-80 min), Anti-Wrinkle (30-60 min)
- [Powerful Drying] Inner dryer machine component powerhouse functions at 120V and 60Hz allowing dryer to reach temperatures of up to 140 degrees to achieve accelerated drying
- [Quiet Tumbling] Tumble dryer formulated for quiet drying for minimal disruption, with a clothing capacity of 9lbs
Best Compact Portable Dryers
Low on space? Try a compact portable dryer that still performs.
1. Costway Electric Compact Laundry Dryer – Editor’s Pick
Standard drying style in a compact size
2. Panda 3200 RPM Portable Spin Dryer
Compact-sized floor-level dryer that goes where you do
3. Panda 1.5 Cubic Foot Compact Dryer
A slight size makes the Panda super movable
- It's perfect to use as the primary dryer in an apartment, condominium and other small living spaces.
- Using as secondary one in house laundry room, convenient near the bedroom or a home gym, where frequent clothes washing is inevitable.
- Perfect for drying baby's clothes, small loads like your underwear, Pyjama, yoga suit, T-shirts, towel, handkerchief, socks, etc. For quickly drying clothes, we recommend not putting more than 5.5 pounds of clothes at one time.
Drying clothes without an electric dryer is time-consuming and can be frustrating. Fortunately, there are portable clothes dryer solutions to suit every budget and lifestyle. Whether you enjoy RV living, have a small apartment without hookups, or need a supremely transportable option for hotel travel, there’s a clothes dryer that will have you smartly dressed in no time.
Last update on 2021-09-18 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API