Sometimes, a full-size workbench isn’t the right choice for you. What if you don’t have as much room to work in, want to pull it outside, or even have to work in somebody else’s space? At times like those, carrying everything over is a huge pain. Portable workbenches provide enough space to work in while still being compact enough to bring wherever you need them.
- 1 Buying Guide
- 2 Buying Recommendations
- 3 Conclusion
Before we get into our top choices for portable workbenches, here are some things to consider when making your decision.
- Factors To Consider: The main factors to consider are size, cost, durability, and the presence of any extra features like motors or batteries.
- Standard Features: The most common features of portable workbenches are quick-clamping systems and the ability to fold.
- Workbench Height: The ideal workbench height is the distance from the floor to your first thumb knuckle, as measured when your arms are hanging down and relaxed.
- How To Pick The Right Workbench: Picking the right workbench requires looking at the overall strength and features of the workbench. Metal is heavier but more durable, while wood and bamboo are lighter and ideal for smaller projects.
Budget Portable Workbenches
1. POWERTEC MT4006 – Editor’s Pick
The POWERTEC MT4006 is a simple, lightweight, and affordable workbench ideal for budget-minded buyers.
- INCLUDES: (1) Portable Bench Tool Stand with Bamboo Table Top, and (4) Bench Dogs
- FUNCTION: This multi-functional workbench tabletop accommodates a wide variety of woodworking projects, including clamping, cutting, painting and can used as a vise tool or sawhorse
- PREMIUM FEATURES: A portable design with fully adjustable vise panels for project versatility, a built in storage rack for your tools, plus an imprinted metric and protractor scale for optimum accuracy
2. ZotoyaShop Bench
- This folding work is the perfect solution for clamping, painting, cutting and also as a workbench and sawhorse.
- It constructed of durable steel frame and wooden vise jaws providing a stable and sturdy surface.
- You’ll enjoy this compact, lightweight of bench while working.
Premium Portable Workbenches
1. HWZGHJY Portable Workbench – Editor’s Pick
This portable workbench doesn’t look like most others, but it has wide flexibility and compatibility with other tools.
- Unsurpassed versatility coupled with a modern design characterises this new height-adjustable clamping and machine table.
- Quick and easy assembly of static devices such as mitre saws, drill stands, etc. using fastening slots in the MDF plates.
- The new, sturdy and stable Z-design of the base frame facilitates ergonomic - working when either standing or seated.
Portable Workbench with Drawers
1. Seville Classics WEB484 – Editor’s Pick
Arguably more of a regular bench than a workbench, this rolling surface comes with a sliding organizer drawer to store tools and other supplies.
- SOLID-WOOD TOP - Work with confidence on a 1.5" thick solid wood surface finished in UltraDurable polyurethane. Designed for heavy-duty to accommodate power tools, mounts and clamps safely.
- STEEL ORGANIZER DRAWER - Includes 2 adjustable dividers and 7 mounting points - create compartments that fit the way you work.
- HEAVY-DUTY FRAME - Steel frame in a tough graphite finish
Portable Workbench With Vice
1. Keter Folding Table – Editor’s Pick
Keter’s folding table is easily one of the most durable and flexible tables on the market, making it an outstanding buy despite its low price.
- DIMENSIONS: Standing: 33.46 in. L x 21.65 in. W x 29.75 in. H / Folded: 33.46 in. L x 21.65 in. W x 4.4 in. H
- RESIN CONSTRUCTION: Made of heavy-duty resin with aluminum legs and a work space capacity of 1000 lbs.
- DURABLE AND STRONG: Weather-resistant polypropylene construction prevents rusting, peeling, and denting
Portable Workbench With Wheels
1. COSCO Folding Workbench – Editor’s Pick
COSCO’s mobile workbench folds up taller than many of its competitors, but it also offers an extra-large surface for big products and extra storage space for tools mid-project.
- Take this portable workbench on wheels anywhere the work is
- Compact and easily folds in seconds for compact storage and transportation
- Heavy duty, made from steel, weight capacity of 350 lbs. on the MDF top shelf, and 250 lbs. on bottom shelf
Small Portable Workbench
1. WORX Sidekick – Editor’s Pick
WORX’s Sidekick is a particularly compact portable workbench that still comes with a variety of measuring tools and accessory holes for added versatility.
- Compact, lightweight and easy to set up – supports up to 300 lbs.
- Metal leg stand won’t slip on hard surfaces or sink in soft ground
- Detachable tabletop transforms into the carrying case for maximum portability
Garage Portable Workbench
1. BLACK & Decker Workmate 1000 – Editor’s Pick
Black & Decker’s Workmate is a stable, rugged portable workbench ideal for most in-garage projects.
- Quick clamping with flexible clamping options
- Stanley - Black & Decker
- High Quality New!!!!!!!
Heavy Duty Portable Workbench
1. WORX Pegasus – Editor’s Pick
The WORX Pegasus is a large, heavy-duty portable workbench that doubles as a sawhorse for added versatility.
- Versatile worktable converts to a sawhorse or work bench in seconds – no assembly required
- Compact, foldable and lightweight for go-anywhere usage and storage – only 5” depth when folded
- Worktable supports up to 300 lbs., sawhorse supports up to 1,000 lbs. – legs lock for added security
As you can see, portable workbenches come in many sizes, styles, and materials. You never know when you’ll need one for a project, so check your options and buy now to be sure your plans won’t suffer for lack of tools.
Last update on 2020-06-02 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API