Portable dehumidifiers help keep your home or work environment dry. Keeping air dry with a dehumidifier makes it inhospitable to mold, musty odors, and even bacteria. The result is fresher and cleaner air all around. And no matter where you need a portable dehumidifier, we have a solution that will keep you drier, healthier, and not disgusted.
Not sure what to look for when buying a portable dehumidifier? Here’s what matters.
- What a dehumidifier does: A dehumidifier sucks the moisture out of the air, reducing the number of bacteria, allergens, and mold that lurk.
- What to consider: Each dehumidifier pulls humid air in and pumps out drier air, so capacity matters when it comes to how efficiently the pump operates. You’ll see both a pint rating and square foot rating; pints refers to how much moisture the dehumidifier removes while square footage describes the right room size for it to operate in.
- Standard dehumidifier features: Standard features include
- Special features for dehumidifiers: Some units feature higher-capacity settings, special allergen filtration, and aromatherapy functions.
- Technical specs for dehumidifiers: The ability to set a humidity level is ideal, but not all units have the technical specs for the job.
Best Budget Portable Dehumidifiers
If budget is a top concern, these portable dehumidifiers are a highlight.
1. ProBreeze Electric Mini Dehumidifier – Editor’s Pick
Super portability on a budget.
- SMALL AND COMPACT: Lightweight, Compact and Portable, Capable of removing up to 9 ounces of water per day with a 16-ounce water tank capacity. Ideal for rooms up to 1200 cubic feet (150 sq ft).
- AUTO SHUT OFF: When full the dehumidifier will automatically shut off and the LED light will turn-on indicating the water tank needs draining. Simply empty the water tank and place it back into the dehumidifier.
- ULTRA-QUIET AND EFFICIENT: Built-in Thermo Electric Cooling Technology (Peltier) operates without a compressor meaning whisper quiet operation in bedrooms, bathrooms and offices.
2. Honati Home Dehumidifier
A budget buy for small space dehumidifying
- High Efficient: This home dehumidifier with 2000ml capacity can quickly and effectively removes up to 750ml (86℉, 80%RH) of moisture from the air per day in small spaces (100-269 sq.ft). Keep your house more comfortable and healthy
- Ultra Quiet: This electric dehumidifier powered by advanced technology with no compressor is whisper quiet during operation. Noise is below 60dB without annoying sound, offer quiet environment when you are sleeping or rest
- Auto Shut Off: Built in automatic shut off protection prevents flooding or water overflow. This small dehumidifier will shut off when water tank full, and the led indicator turn yellow. Simply empty the water tank and place it back into the dehumidifier
Best Premium Portable Dehumidifiers
For bigger jobs—and bigger wallets—these premium options get the job done right with few drawbacks.
1. COLZER 232 PPD Commercial Dehumidifier – Editor’s Pick
Industrial-strength commercial dehumidifying
- 【232 PPD Dehumidifier】Up to 232 pints (29 gallons) moisture removal per day (110 PPD AHAM), this large capacity dehumidifier works well for urgent water damage restoration, fast structural drying, and other jobs that require fast dry.
- 【Industrial & Commercial Grade Dehumidifier】This high-efficiency dehumidifier operates at a high airflow rate of 353 CFM for rapidly eliminating moisture in large spaces up to 8,000 sq ft, like basements, warehouses, garages, shops, and many other commercial and industrial institutions.
- 【Easy Operation】This commercial dehumidifier features with automatic humidistat, automatic restart after power outages, auto defrost, 1-24 hours AUTO ON/OFF timer and continuous drainage (6.56 ft drain hose included) for effortless humidity control.
2. TOSOT Energy Star Dehumidifier
Full-featured dehumidifier with low noise output
- 4, 500 SQ FT: Our dehumidifier can remove up to 50 pints of water every 24 hours (same as 70 Pint units under 2012 DOE standard. ) A lower humidity level allows your AC system to work more efficiently because it's easier to change the temperature of dry air compared to moist, super-humid air.
- INTERNAL PUMP: The internal pump automatically removes collected water from the dehumidifier so you never experience downtime due to a full water bucket. Water can be pumped sideways or vertically up to 12 feet away. Water will collect in the bucket until it's almost full, then the internal pump will automatically start up to remove the collected water.
- REAL-TIME MONITORING: After choosing a target humidity level the control panel will display the current humidity level. The dehumidifier will power off after reaching the target you set. If you want the dehumidifier to run nonstop regardless of the current humidity level, press the minus button until the control panel displays "NS. " The dehumidifier will run until the drain bucket is full, which will never happen if you activate the internal pump from the control panel.
Best Small Capacity Portable Dehumidifiers
Small capacity dehumidifier units remove anywhere under 35 pints of moisture from the air and work best in small spaces.
1. hOmeLabs 1,500 Square Foot Energy Star Dehum – Editor’s Pick
Set it and forget it for healthier air
- 1,500 SQ FT DEHUMIDIFIER - Our dehumidifier removes up to 22 pints (30 pint 2012 DOE standard) of moisture from the air per day. This moisture-removing, Energy Star certified beast is fit for medium to large rooms, to quickly and effectively absorb moisture without racking up your energy bill.
- DESIGNED FOR THE MODERN HOME - That most dehumidifiers are clunky eyesores is news to nobody. We designed with the modern consumer in mind: a sleek clean look, convenient built-in wheels and handles, and a quiet fan that won’t drown out your current binge-watching obsession. Durability is key, too, which is why we offer a 2-year warranty, plus an extra 6 months if you register on our website.
- SUPER EASY TO USE - Dehumidifiers don’t need to be complicated, so ours isn’t. Adjust to your ideal moisture setting, then let it run its continuous 24-hour cycle until the tank is full, at which point it will automatically shut-off. Don’t got time for that? There’s also a drain hose outlet for continuous draining. The hose is not included; we recommend a ⅝” diameter garden hose with an internal threaded end, and optionally Teflon tape for extra security
2. Vremi 1,500 Square Foot Dehumidifier
Low energy usage and efficient dehumidifying for small spaces
- 1,500 SQ FT MEDIUM ROOM DEHUMIDIFIER - Our dehumidifier removes up to 22 pints (30 Pint 2012 DOE Standard) from the air per day. This Energy Star certified dehumidifier is fit to quickly and effectively absorb moisture with minimal energy consumption in medium to large rooms
- DESIGNED WITH YOU IN MIND - We designed the Moisture Maniac with convenience and style in mind. This dehumidifier sports a sleek, clean look with convenient built-in wheels and handles as well as a quiet fan that will do its job without you hearing it
- REAL EASY TO USE - It's a dehumidifier, not a rocket ship and our design reflects that. Simply adjust to your ideal moisture setting, let it run its continuous 24-hour cycle until the tank is full, where it'll then shut-off automatically. For added convenience, there’s also a drain hose outlet for continuous draining (NOTE: hose not included)
Best Medium Capacity Portable Dehumidifiers
The best medium-capacity dehumidifiers take anywhere from 35-50 pints of moisture out of your environment.
1. Frigidaire 50-Pint High Efficiency Dehumidifier – Editor’s Pick
Efficient dehumidifying and air cleaning features for mid-size rooms
- SpaceWise PORTABLE DEHUMIDIFIER FOR WET ROOMS: Ideal for rooms from 1500-3000 sq. ft that are classified as damp to wet. When moisture is excessive, this dehumidifier removes up to 50 pints of water per day, drying the air quickly and efficiently. Included rolling casters and integrated top and side handles make it easy and convenient to set up and put away, depending on the weather.
- EFFECTIVE HUMIDITY CONTROL: This dehumidifier quietly removes excess moisture from the air, preventing mold and mildew, keeping your family safe and healthy. Fit for use in any damp spaces of the home, including attics, basements, bathrooms, and garages.
- RELIABLE MOISTURE REMOVAL: With Effortless Humidity Control and 2 fan speeds, it is easy to customize the comfort level you desire. Effortless Automatic Shut-Off and Effortless Full Tank Alert will let you know when the 2-gallon capacity bucket needs emptying. Or, set the unit to Effortless Continuous Drain mode, attach a standard garden hose (not included), and breathe easy as the unit runs independently, maintaining your indoor air quality.
2. Keystone White High Efficiency 50-Pint Dehumidifier
Efficient and reliable operation for medium-capacity dehumidifying
- 50-PINT DEHUMIDIFIER: Quickly and efficiently remove up to 50 pints of moisture from the air per day in a space up to 3000 square feet to improve your air quality on many levels.
- RELIABLE, CONVENIENT & EASY TO USE: Our model has electronic controls with LED Display and a 24-hour timer. Settings include Normal, Turbo, and Auto-Defrost to keep you comfortable around the clock.
- ELIMINATES EXCESS MOISTURE FROM HUMID AIR: The Keystone portable dehumidifier can be placed in various locations throughout your home or apartment such as your attic, bedroom, basement, bathroom, garage, or any other environment. Breathe in clean air again!
Best Large Capacity Portable Dehumidifiers
Large capacity dehumidifiers are excellent for taking up to 70 pints of moisture from the air.
1. Midea MAD50C1ZWS Dehumidifier 70 Pint – Editor’s Pick
Plenty of power with high-efficiency and filtration features
- 4, 500 SQ FT DEHUMIDIFIER – Our dehumidifier are able to collect 50 pint (70 pint 2012 DOE standard) of water a day and adjust humidity from 35% to 85%, perfect for use in basement, bathroom, bedroom, or crawlspace. Maintaining a healthy 45%-55% humidity range has never been easier! Please note: depending on the climate in your area, as well as room size, you may need to purchase a larger unit for best effect
- INNOVATIVE FEATURES – Auto restart function limits disruption due to power outages by engaging your chosen settings as soon as power is restored. Meanwhile, continuous dehumidification mode is perfect for keeping your home at the proper humidity level.Min. Operating Temperature:41℉-95℉
- QUIET OPERATION – Quiet enough for use in bedrooms to maintain both healthy air quality and a relaxing environment. A maximum 51 decibel volume enables quiet operation that registers around the same volume as a quiet conversation.
2. Inofia 70 Pint Dehumidifier
Utility for large rooms and additional functions
- ✔️『Superb Dehumidification』With max. moisture removal capacity rate of 70 pints per day (2012 DOE standard), Inofia YDA-828E are ideal residential dehumidifiers for basements, garages, humid bathroom, and any large and/or damp rooms up to 4,000 sq ft.
- ✔️『Unique Laundry Mode』This home dehumidifier with unique Laundry Mode to quickly dry your delicate clothes that require hang dry. The Auto-swinging louvers help to improve airflow or set them to deliver air to a particular direction for optimal results.
- ✔️『Smart Dehumidifier』This 70 pint dehumidifier will AUTO OFF when its water reservoir (7.4 Pints) is full or when the desired humidity level is reached, and AUTO RESTART when the room humidity raises up again or even after a power interruption.
Ready to enjoy a drier and healthier home or work environment? The best portable dehumidifiers can help achieve both—just select the option that’s best for your needs and prepare to enjoy more comfortable air year-round.
Last update on 2020-07-02 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API