Portable dehumidifiers help keep your home or work environment dry. Keeping air dry with a dehumidifier makes it inhospitable to mold, musty odors, and even bacteria. The result is fresher and cleaner air all around. And no matter where you need a portable dehumidifier, we have a solution that will keep you drier, healthier, and not disgusted.
Not sure what to look for when buying a portable dehumidifier? Here’s what matters.
- What a dehumidifier does: A dehumidifier sucks the moisture out of the air, reducing the number of bacteria, allergens, and mold that lurk.
- What to consider: Each dehumidifier pulls humid air in and pumps out drier air, so capacity matters when it comes to how efficiently the pump operates. You’ll see both a pint rating and square foot rating; pints refers to how much moisture the dehumidifier removes while square footage describes the right room size for it to operate in.
- Standard dehumidifier features: Standard features include
- Special features for dehumidifiers: Some units feature higher-capacity settings, special allergen filtration, and aromatherapy functions.
- Technical specs for dehumidifiers: The ability to set a humidity level is ideal, but not all units have the technical specs for the job.
Best Budget Portable Dehumidifiers
If budget is a top concern, these portable dehumidifiers are a highlight.
1. ProBreeze Electric Mini Dehumidifier – Editor’s Pick
Super portability on a budget.
- SMALL & COMPACT: Our lightweight and portable dehumidifier for home is capable of removing up to 9 ounces of water per day with a 16-ounce water tank capacity. Ideal size bathroom dehumidifier for rooms of 1200-2200 cubic feet (215 sq ft).
- SAFE AUTO SHUT OFF: Our dehumidifiers for bedroom are ideal in small spaces and rooms. When full, the dehumidifier will automatically shut off and the LED light will turn-on indicating the water tank needs draining
- ULTRA QUIET & EFFICIENT: Get the best of your dehumidifier for home and experience Whisper Quiet Operation in bedrooms, bathrooms and offices. Power usage of just 23W per hour! This dehumidifier has a running cost of just $0.07/day! The ideal solution to humidity in your home!
2. Honati Home Dehumidifier
A budget buy for small space dehumidifying
No products found.
Best Premium Portable Dehumidifiers
For bigger jobs—and bigger wallets—these premium options get the job done right with few drawbacks.
1. COLZER 232 PPD Commercial Dehumidifier – Editor’s Pick
Industrial-strength commercial dehumidifying
No products found.
2. TOSOT Energy Star Dehumidifier
Full-featured dehumidifier with low noise output
- 4,500 SQ FT: Our dehumidifier can remove up to 50 pints of water every 24 hours (same as 70 Pint units under 2012 DOE standard.) A lower humidity level allows your AC system to work more efficiently because it's easier to change the temperature of dry air compared to moist, super-humid air.
- INTERNAL PUMP: The internal pump automatically removes collected water from the dehumidifier so you never experience downtime due to a full water bucket. Water can be pumped sideways or vertically up to 16 feet away. Water will collect in the bucket until it's almost full, then the internal pump will automatically start up to remove the collected water.
- REAL-TIME MONITORING: After choosing a target humidity level the control panel will display the current humidity level. The dehumidifier will power off after reaching the target you set. If you want the dehumidifier to run nonstop regardless of the current humidity level, press the minus button until the control panel displays "NS." The dehumidifier will run until the drain bucket is full, which will never happen if you have the continuous drain set up.
Best Small Capacity Portable Dehumidifiers
Small capacity dehumidifier units remove anywhere under 35 pints of moisture from the air and work best in small spaces.
1. hOmeLabs 1,500 Square Foot Energy Star Dehum – Editor’s Pick
Set it and forget it for healthier air
- 1,500 sq ft Dehumidifier: Our dehumidifier removes up to 22 pints (30 pint 2012 DOE standard) of moisture from the air per day. This Energy Star certified model is fit for medium to large rooms, to quickly and effectively absorb moisture without racking up your energy bill.
- Designed For The Modern Home: That most dehumidifiers are clunky eyesores is news to nobody. We designed with the modern consumer in mind: a sleek clean look, convenient built-in wheels and handles, and a quiet fan that won’t drown out your current binge-watching obsession.
- Super Easy To Use: Dehumidifiers don’t need to be complicated, so ours isn’t. Adjust to your ideal moisture setting, then let it run its continuous 24-hour cycle until the tank is full, at which point it will automatically shut-off. There’s also a drain hose outlet for continuous draining. The hose is not included; we recommend a ⅝” diameter garden hose with an internal threaded end, and optionally Teflon tape for extra security.
2. Vremi 1,500 Square Foot Dehumidifier
Low energy usage and efficient dehumidifying for small spaces
- Our dehumidifier removes up to 22 pints (30 Pint 2012 DOE Standard) from the air per day. This Energy Star certified dehumidifier is fit to quickly and effectively absorb moisture with minimal energy consumption in medium to large rooms
- We designed our dehumidifier with convenience and style in mind. This dehumidifier sports a sleek, clean look with convenient built-in wheels and handles, and a quiet fan that does its job without too much noise
- It's a dehumidifier, not a rocket ship, and our user-friendly features reflect this. Simply adjust the appliance to your ideal moisture setting, let it run its continuous 24-hour cycle until the tank is full, and it'll then shut-off automatically. For added convenience, there’s also a drain hose outlet for continuous draining (Note: Drain hose is not included with purchase of product)
Best Medium Capacity Portable Dehumidifiers
The best medium-capacity dehumidifiers take anywhere from 35-50 pints of moisture out of your environment.
1. Frigidaire 50-Pint High Efficiency Dehumidifier – Editor’s Pick
Efficient dehumidifying and air cleaning features for mid-size rooms
No products found.
2. Keystone White High Efficiency 50-Pint Dehumidifier
Efficient and reliable operation for medium-capacity dehumidifying
- 35-PINT DEHUMIDIFIER: Quickly and efficiently remove up to 35 pints of moisture from the air per day in a space up to 3000 square feet to improve your air quality on many levels.
- RELIABLE, CONVENIENT & EASY TO USE: Our model has electronic controls with LED Display and a 24-hour timer. Settings include Normal, Turbo, and Auto-Defrost to keep you comfortable around the clock.
- ELIMINATES EXCESS MOISTURE FROM HUMID AIR: The Keystone portable dehumidifier can be placed in various locations throughout your home or apartment such as your attic, bedroom, basement, bathroom, garage, or any other environment.
Best Large Capacity Portable Dehumidifiers
Large capacity dehumidifiers are excellent for taking up to 70 pints of moisture from the air.
1. Midea MAD50C1ZWS Dehumidifier 70 Pint – Editor’s Pick
Plenty of power with high-efficiency and filtration features
- 4,500 SQ. FT. DEHUMIDIFIER – Removes up to 50 pints of moisture per day with an adjustable humidity setting from 35% to 85%. Perfect for use in basement, bathroom, bedroom, office, kitchen, cellar, or crawlspace. Maintain a healthy 45%-55% humidity range.Frequency : 60Hz
- ULTRA QUIET OPERATION – This model has quiet operation as 47 dBA, quieter than a home refrigerator. Enjoy sleep, a good book, or your favorite show without the disturbing noise of a traditional dehumidifier
- ENERGY STAR CERTIFIED- This unit is ENERGY STAR Certified and is recognized as the Most Efficient of ENERGY STAR 2023
2. Inofia 70 Pint Dehumidifier
Utility for large rooms and additional functions
- ✔️『Superb Dehumidification』With max. moisture removal capacity rate of 70 pints per day (2012 DOE standard), Inofia YDA-828E are ideal residential dehumidifiers for basements, garages, humid bathroom, and any large and/or damp rooms up to 4,500 sq ft.
- ✔️『Unique Laundry Mode』This home dehumidifier with unique Laundry Mode to quickly dry your delicate clothes that require hang dry. The Auto-swinging louvers help to improve airflow or set them to deliver air to a particular direction for optimal results.
- ✔️『Smart Dehumidifier』This 70 pint dehumidifier will AUTO OFF when its water reservoir (7.4 Pints) is full or when the desired humidity level is reached, and AUTO RESTART when the room humidity raises up again or even after a power interruption.
Ready to enjoy a drier and healthier home or work environment? The best portable dehumidifiers can help achieve both—just select the option that’s best for your needs and prepare to enjoy more comfortable air year-round.
Last update on 2023-10-02 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API