Getting the right type of portable mattress is essential for getting a good night’s sleep. Whether you’re planning to camp outside or you want to give guests and family members a comfortable rest when they spend the night, the mattresses below are our top recommendations for your needs.
- 1 Buying Guide
- 2 Buying Recommendations
- 2.1 Budget Portable Mattresses
- 2.2 Premium Portable Mattresses
- 2.3 Japanese Floor Futon Portable Mattresses
- 2.4 Memory Foam Portable Mattresses
- 2.5 Rollout Portable Mattresses
- 2.6 Tri-Fold Portable Mattresses
- 2.7 Portable Mattresses For Beds
- 2.8 Portable Mattresses For Camping
- 2.9 Portable Mattresses For Guests
- 2.10 Portable Mattresses For Travel
- 3 Final Thoughts
Before you start looking for something to buy, take a moment to consider the following aspects of buying a portable mattress:
- Type of Portable Mattress: There are several types of portable mattresses on the market, including inflatable, foam, futons, and even water beds.
- What To Consider: You should evaluate factors like indoor/outdoor use, price, longevity, and features like the ability to adjust how soft the mattress is.
- How To Choose Based On Your Needs: If you plan to use a portable mattress regularly, it’s better to focus on the features than the price.
- Maintenance Needs: Some portable mattresses require additional maintenance beyond storing them correctly.
Budget Portable Mattresses
Check out our budget-friendly picks.
1. Granrest 4″ Tri Folding Memory Foam Mattress – Editor’s Pick
Granrest’s Tri Folding mattress is thick, comfortable, and affordable on almost any budget. As a folding mattress, it’s particularly easy to move around, which is another point in its favor
2. Zinus Ultima 6″ Mattress, Narrow Twin
- INSPIRED BY NATURE - Wholesome and natural ingredients, like green tea and moisture-absorbing charcoal work wonders in a mattress, and we’ve designed this one to control odors, maintain freshness, and envelop your shape so you awake restored and refreshed
- PRESSURE-RELIEVING FOAMS – Layers of conforming green tea memory foam and high-density Z:Base foam hug your shape to soothe you to sleep
- CERTIPUR US CERTIFIED - Highest quality foam is CertiPUR US Certified for durability, performance, and content
Premium Portable Mattresses
These portable mattresses are our top choices for premium mattresses.
1. Night & Day Furniture Cabinet – Editor’s Pick
Night & Day’s queen-size furniture cabinet is an impressively solid piece of construction that folds up into a useful table.
- Easy To Covert
- Queen Gel Memory Foam Mattress
- Color Name: Butter Cream
2. MAXDIVANI Folding Bed Couch
- Memory Foam Multi-Function Mattress:Manufactured using 50D Memory Foam it is a premium quality materials and do not easy to deformed;Memory foam mattress meets comfy Sofa.It can make you enjoy a comfortable night of sleep
- Tri-Fold Foam Folding Mattress and Sofa Bed:Easily unfolds flat into a king-size sleep surface or play-pad,Perfect for dorms, apartments, or spare bedrooms, this sofa is easy to use, set-up, and position.
- Durable Fashion Cover:The soft and durable cotton cover is both removable and machine-washable; And the cover can use a long time and nuver fade. Care Instructions for Cover: machine-wash with cold water, tumble-dry on low heat
Japanese Floor Futon Portable Mattresses
Looking for a futon-style mattress? Check out this top-rated mattress.
1. D&D Futon Furniture Traditional Rolling Futon Mattress – Editor’s Pick
This robust rolling futon is easy to store and bring almost anywhere. Notably, it comes with convenient straps to tie it like a sleeping bag.
- Brand new floor futon mattress, made in USA.
- Queen Size Bed sized 3" thick x 60" wide x 80" long.
- Mattress filled with 90% white cotton, 5% polyester fiber and 5% resilient foam.
Memory Foam Portable Mattresses
We highly recommend this memory foam portable mattress.
1. Giantex 6 Inch Memory Foam Mattress w/ Case – Editor’s Pick
Giantex’s six-inch thick memory foam mattress is an outstanding choice for foam lovers.
Rollout Portable Mattresses
Here’s our favorite rollout style portable mattress.
1. Better Habitat Sleep Ready Memory Foam Floor & Camping Mattress – Editor’s Pick
Better Habitat’s rollout option is a thick memory foam pad suited for both indoor and outdoor use as long as you keep it away from moisture.
- SLEEP READY in SECONDS: (i) UNCLIP & ROLL OUT. (ii) Comes w/ fitted WATERPROOF cotton terry sheet & Non-slip water resistant bottom. (iii) Premium stitching, fasteners, & zippers. (iv) Our sleeping mat is much more CONVENIENT than an air mattress.
- PEACE OF MIND: (i) Certi-PUR-US Memory foam. NO mercury, lead, formaldehyde, phthalates, fire retardants, & ozone depleters. (ii) Low VOC emissions for indoor air quality. (iii) Passes stricter European REACH safety standards. (iv) Soft & dry feel of breathable cotton terry.
- PORTABLE & VERSATILE - SEE VIDEO ON LEFT: (i) Easy to carry handle. (ii) Top entry travel bag for easy loading. (iii) Great rollaway bed for guests, camping, college dorms, or an overnight stay (imagine the possibilities)
Tri-Fold Portable Mattresses
Check out this portable mattress if you want a space-saving tri-fold option.
1. Milliard Memory Foam Tri-Fold Mattress – Editor’s Pick
Miliard’s tri-fold mattress is thick, durable, and comfortable – which probably explains why it’s one of the top-selling tri-fold brands currently in the market.
- The Milliard Memory Foam Tri-fold Mattress allows you to get a comfortable night's sleep wherever you go. Simply unfold the foam bed on the floor in any room, mobile home, or tent for a comfortable night's sleep. This bed easily accommodates all your sleeping needs then folds neatly away for storage in seconds.
- Memory foam is known for the therapeutic qualities and comfortable support. The Milliard tri-fold mattress is ventilated for air flow to help regulate sleep temperature for maximum support and comfort. Available in Twin, Full and Queen Size.
- The Milliard Memory Foam Tri-fold Mattress is the ideal solution to temporary sleeping accommodations. Perfect for unexpected sleep over guests, family reunion, dorm rooms, camping and traveling.
Portable Mattresses For Beds
Air beds are a great option for portable mattresses. Here’s our top pick.
1. Tuomico Queen Air Mattress for Guest Indoor Use – Editor’s Pick
Tuomico’s queen-size air mattress for guests offers an ergonomic design and a built-in electric pump for easy inflation and deflation.
Portable Mattresses For Camping
You never need to worry about uncomfortable sleep when you camp with this bed.
1. Sleepingo Camping Sleeping Pad – Editor’s Pick
Arguably more of a pad than a mattress, Sleepingo’s top-selling product is light enough to carry on the longest camping trips.
- 2" THICK SLEEP SUPPORT! YOU WILL LOVE THIS SLEEPING PAD! Want to sleep comfortably anywhere? No need to suffer with a cheap flimsy short outdoor sleeping pad! This quality portable camping mat pad is perfect. Super sturdy and extremely comfortable. Great for any sleep position.
- WEIGHS ONLY [14.5 OZ] AND PACKS DOWN TO THE SIZE OF THIN WATER BOTTLE - PERFECT FOR A BACKPACKING SLEEPING PAD! No worrying about room in your backpack No backaches due to heavy weight very convenient to carry. You’ll wish you found this years ago Comes with a sleek storage pouch.
- THIS TOUGH DURABLE LARGE COMFY SLEEPING PAD FEATURES A LIFETIME WARRANTY! - Economically and practically efficient With an impressive size blown up of 75 X 23 this camping mattress pad, will give you the comfort you need.
Portable Mattresses For Guests
Check out our favorite option for a portable guest bed.
1. Sable Queen-Size Inflatable Air Bed With Built-In Electric Pump – Editor’s Pick
Sable’s queen-size inflatable mattress is a high-quality, affordable option that deflates to a size small enough to hide when guests aren’t around.
Portable Mattresses For Travel
Need a travel bed? This is an excellent option.
1. EnerPlex Rechargeable High Speed Wireless Twin Air Mattress – Editor’s Pick
EnerPlex’s inflatable air mattress offers a surprisingly high amount of versatility for an air mattress
- Indoors or outdoors, our premium twin size air mattress with built in pump is the fastest blow up on the market - it inflates in under 2 minutes! If camping or traveling, use a portable battery pack or car outlet adapter alongside the pump to inflate.
- Designed to prevent leaking, this air bed is made from durable, waterproof, puncture-resistant PVC.
- With 76" x 39" x 9" double height, our twin cot/twin air mattresses fit adults and kids alike, and feature premium flocking for non-slip stability.
Whether you want to buy a portable bed for your family or get something light enough to take on long trips, these are the best portable mattresses we could find on the market. Make sure to evaluate your options and buy now to be sure you have a portable mattress when you need it.
Last update on 2021-10-27 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API