If you’re short on burner space, but you want to cook multiple dishes at the same time, you’ll need a stellar portable induction cooktop to make sure that your cooking capacity is enough for your entire family. In this article, we’ll discuss what to look for in a portable induction cooktop so that you’ll know which ones will be worth your dollars.
- 1 Buying Guide
- 2 Buying Recommendations
- 3 Final Thoughts
- Induction cooktops require stove-safe cookware. In other words, if something isn’t safe on a normal stove, don’t try to use it on your induction cooktop.
- Energy efficiency isn’t going to be great with most portable induction cooktops. Portability and evenness of heating are more important than energy efficiency.
- Induction cooktops are safer than gas cooktops, but they can still cause burns. If the cooktop isn’t hot enough to burn you, it isn’t hot enough to cook your food.
- Find an induction cooktop that has visual indicators for temperature. It’s much harder to burn yourself if your cooktop glows red whenever it’s still warm.
In this section, we’ll walk you through a bunch of the best portable induction cooktops on the market, so you’ll know which might be the right choice for you.
Best Budget Portable Induction Cooktop
Check out our budget friendly options.
1. Cuisinart CB-30 Cast-Iron Single Burner – Editor’s Pick
- Heavy-duty cast iron plate
- 1300-watt large plate
- 6-setting adjustable temperature control from low to highest heat
2. Evergreen Home 1800W Digital Induction Cooker Cooktop
- ✅PORTABLE & EASY TO USE: To be used anywhere with electricity, the 1800-Watt portable induction cooktop is the perfect countertop burner for camping, RVs, minimalistic homes and areas with limited space.
- ✅ELEGANT & EFFICIENT: The cooktop is covered with one full, continuous piece of crystal glass plate with no gaps or edges throughout, making it easy to maintain and wear & damage resistant.
- ✅15 TEMPERATURE LEVELS: Ranging from 140°F (60°C) to 460°F (238°C) in 20°F increments to meet various cooking needs — use it to simmer, deep fry, boil, sauté, sear, steam, slow cook and grill with ease.
Best Premium Portable Induction Cooktops
These top-rated cooktops are our premium picks.
1. Duxtop Portable Induction Cooktop – Editor’s Pick
- 【PORTABLE INDUCTION BURNER】Duxtop induction cooktop uses 110/120V 15 amp electrical outlet–standard in all North American homes. ETL listed and built to North American electrical standards. It is lightweight and compact for easy handling and storage. Portable induction burner is perfect for dorm rooms, home kitchen, RV, boats, etc.
- 【HIGH ENERGY EFFICIENCY】 Choose from 20 preset power levels (100W to 1800W) and 20 preset temperature level settings (100°F to 460°F). With an 83% energy efficiency, induction burner is more efficient than traditional gas or electric stoves. Duxtop portable cooktop is perfect for bringing water to a boil quickly and for all of your cooking needs.
- 【DIGITAL LCD SENSOR】Touch control panel: child safety lock keeps the cooking and timer settings from being accidentally changed once they have been set; fast boil button; keep warm button (for 1-30 minutes at 140°F); up to 10-hour timer button.
2. LKZAIY MDC 3500W Induction Cooktop
- MATERIAL OF THE STOVE BODY AND PANEL: This induction cooktop body is made of thicken stainless, the material of the panel adopt black crystal tempered glass, that make sure this electric hot plate having a strong impact resistance, will not rust, easy be cleaning, and can bearing more weight than other normal induction cooker.
- WATTER PROOF: The Water proof control panel of the induction burner can fully protect internal electrical components, reducing the occurrence of faults; the body of the induction burner is made by one-piece stamped stainless steel, there is no weld, that’s also make sure the water will not penetrate into the inside of the induction cooker.
- 13 POWER LEVELS: You can quickly choose suitable levels from 400W to 3500W. 3500W power to meet your various cooking needs; simmer, deep fry, boil, sauté, sear, steam, slow cook and grill with ease.
Portable Induction Cooktops For Use At Home
These are ideal for use at home.
1. Cosmo Portable Electric Induction Cooktop with Rapid Heating – Editor’s Pick
- PORTABLE INDUCTION COOKTOP: Lightweight compact design for storage and handling. Measures 14 x 11.5 x 2.5 in. Weighs just 6 pounds. Perfect as your new countertop induction burner or for limited spaces such as dorms, boats and RVs. Turns any room into a kitchen. Accommodates up to a 10.5 inch pan
- FAST HIGH POWERED INDUCTION BURNER: 1800W Rapid Heating Induction Cooktop is faster than a standard electric burner, hot plate or a cooktop stove. Boils water in 50 seconds. . High energy transfer and electricity savings compared to standard cooking methods
- SAFETY LOCK AND TOUCH PREVENTION: Child Safety Lock blocks unwanted use. Induction Burner will safely shut itself off after 1 minute of no use. Active Variable Cooling System ensures the Induction Cooktop cools down effectively and prevents overheating
2. Cuisinart Tasty One Top Smart Induction Cooktop
- Smart induction cooktop connects with your phone to make cooking a breeze
- One top app includes hundreds of tasty recipes and guides you through them step-by-step
- Beautifully designed to look great in your kitchen and on your social Feed
Portable Induction Cooktops For Use in RVs
Here are cooktops that are ideal for RV use.
1. Rosewill 1800 Watt Induction Cooker Cooktop – Editor’s Pick
- [DIGITAL HOT PLATE] Large Screen Display, 4 digits; Built-in Digital 3-Hour Timer setting; Touch Control Panel
- [INDUCTION TECHNOLOGY] Induction cooking eliminates wasted heat compared to traditional gas cooktops. With no traditional heating element included, this cooktop stays cool, increases its efficiency and reduces the risk of getting burned.
- [PORTABLE ELECTRIC COOKTOP] Easily move your burner from countertop to countertop - cook anywhere in the house!
2. Trighteach Portable Induction Cooktop
- 【Sensor touch induction cooktop】digital LED sensor-touch control panel, sensitive to touch and easy to operate. With ultra-thin design, it’s lightweight and portable for easy handling and storage.Perfect for single, fit in the tiniest Studio kitchens, RV, apartment.Also uses 120 volts, 15 amp of electricity—standard in all North American homes.
- 【Effective magnetic field heating】this induction cooktop burner uses electromagnetic induction technology. That is, instead of Heating the cooktop, it produces heat directly in the cookware.So it can avoid excess heat from the burner does not add to the ambient heat of the room, also save money and be more environmentally friendly. Precautions (use it to switch to temperature mode when cooking food)
- 【Universal fit induction cooker】compatible with induction ready cookware, The countertop burner is suitable for magnetic pot or cooker. Which diameter is from 4.72 to 10.23”(12-26Cm). the auto-pan detection will shut the unit off automatically if no cookware or the incorrect cookware is detected.In order to let customers know if their pots are usable, we also give a small magnet for testing.
Best Single-Element Portable Induction Cooktops
Check out more about our favorite single-element induction cooktops.
1. SUNAVO Portable Induction Cooktop – Editor’s Pick
- 1800W High Power: Electromagnetic coils are distributed evenly, allowing the induction cooktop to be heated uniformly under 1800W of high power; 1000ml of water can be boiled in 3 minutes
- 15 Levels of Temperature & Power: More precise temperature control meets your different cooking needs, simmer in low Temp, and fry in high Temp; Temperature ranges from 100 °F to 460 °F, and power from 100W to 1800W
- LED Touch Control Panel: Touch the panel slightly to adjust the temperature, power, turn on child lock or set timer; Shortly press the timer to increase 1 minute, and long press to increase 10 minutes; It can be set for maximum 300 minutes
2. Wiland Portable Induction Cooktop
- 【Max Power 2200 Watts】Meet your all of various cooking needs. The single ring is 11 power levels, each level is 100W addition and subtraction, the minimum power is 100W, the maximum power is 1100W; the double ring is 22 power levels, each level is 100W addition and subtraction, the minimum power is 100W, the maximum power 2200W.
- 【5 Safety System Designs】High voltage and low voltage protection: 1. Stop heating when the voltage is higher than 275V 2. Stop heating when the high voltage is lower than 140V. 3. Stop heating when the furnace surface temperature reaches 650 degrees. 4. The temperature inside the machine is higher than 100 degrees to stop heating. 5. Circuit fault protection. Let you use it with confidence.
- 【Wide Range of Pot Materials and Large Diameter Pot Selection】 Such as iron, aluminum, copper, ceramics, casseroles, and heat-resistant glass are suitable. Meet different forms of cooking such as steaming, boiling, frying, roasting, and hot pot. SKILLETS / POTS with a diameter of 7 to 10.24 inches (18-26 cm).
Best Multi-Element Portable Induction Cooktops
Here are our favorites for multi-element.
1. Duxtop 9620LS LCD Portable Double Induction Cooktop – Editor’s Pick
- 【DUAL HEATING ZONES】→ This professional digital countertop induction cooktop by Duxtop is equipped with two independent heating zones that allow you to set each one separately using the LCD display screen. The Duxtop induction burner uses 120 Volts, 15 amp of electricity—standard in all North American homes.
- 【SAFE—EASY TO USE—EASY TO CLEAN】→ Child safety lock system helps protect from injuries such as scalding. Touch control panel is simple to operate, and the rapid heating of the cookware makes cooking fast and easy. With no open flame or heating element, food does not burn-on the glass cooktop so it’s easy to clean—just wipe with a damp towel.
- 【CHOOSE POWER MODE OR TEMPERATURE MODE】→ There are 20 preset levels per mode so you can select the perfect one for your cooking task. Simply press one button to switch between cooking modes. TEMPERATURE MODE is recommended to fry, steam and saute. Try POWER MODE to keep food warm or to bring water to a boil quickly.
2. Cuisinart ICT-60 Double Induction Cooktop
Furthermore, the Cuisinart’s timer functionality is especially strong, with multiple independent options for configuring the duration of heating as well as preheating.
- Induction technology for fast heat-up and consistent heat throughout cooking. Must use with induction-ready cookware
- Dual heat settings: 8 settings on the left burner, 5 settings on the right burner. Dimensions: LWH: 14.25" x 23.5" x 2.5"
- Individual 150-minute timers and ON/OFF switches for each burner
That wraps up our roundup of the best portable induction cooktops. Remember to take care of your induction cooktop by keeping it clean, and be sure to use a cooktop that has the safety features which will prevent you or anyone else from getting burned by touching a hot surface by accident.
Last update on 2021-10-27 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API