Even the largest smartphone doesn’t have the best resolution for enjoying movies to the fullest. A portable DVD player, on the other hand, makes it possible to see all the action. We’ve done the research for you to help you find the best portable DVD player for users on the go.
You’ll find plenty of options from which to choose. However, several key features separate an average DVD player from one that you’ll love. They include:
- Display Size: Viewing area
- Resolution: Clarity of the display
- Media Formats: Ability to view or play several types such as CDs, MP3s, and others
- Power Source: Battery or AC options along with running time and type
- Viewing Options and Ergonomics: Multiple viewing options to avoid neck strain
Budget Portable DVD Player
Here are our budget-friendly recommendations.
1. DBPOWER Portable DVD Player – Editor’s Pick
The DBPOWER Portable DVD Player is affordably priced with many of the same features as the premium models.
- 【HIGH CAPACITY BUILT-IN BATTERY】Watch all your favorite TV shows and movies or let your kids be engaged by watching beloved cartoons while you're on the road. A built-in 2500 mAh rechargeable lithium battery ensures 5 hours of video playback. DBPOWER 11.5" Portable DVD Player equipped with three power supplies - built-in battery, car charger, and AC power adapter, hence it serves for a long period of time before having to recharge.
- 【MULTIMEDIA SUPPORTED】Direct play in formats: CD,DVD,CD-R/RW,DVD-R/+R,DVD+RW/-RW, VCD,SVCD(but not blu-ray DVD); Up to 32GB USB and SD Card are supported; MP3/WMA/WAV, JPEG, MPEG2/AVI/DIVX are supported. It is Region free.
- 【SWIVELING SCREEN】9 inch screen with unique design. 800*480 Swivel Screen obtains a 270 degrees rotation and 180 degrees flip feature. DBPOWER Portable DVD Player can be swiveled as a tablet easily and mounted to the back of your car's headrest (head restraint) while you are on the road trips with your family.
2. APEMAN Portable DVD Player
- Portable Model with 7.5 inch Screen: The compact player will allow you to use it at any time in the car, travel, and camping. Being rotated into tablet-shape to place in a car headrest bag, the car-mounted DVD player can be your child’s mobile TV, which makes kids no longer bored on the journey.
- 6 Hours Lasting Long Battery: The portable DVD player for cars has a built-in battery lasting about 6 hours! The car charger and AC adapter ensure you can use it for long anywhere.
- Supports USB/SD Card: The portable DVD player for car supports USB/SD cards. (Maximum support 128G) You can watch videos, listen to music, enjoy photos, read e-books, play games, etc. on our player.
Premium Portable DVD Player
Check out our premium recommendations.
1. NAVISKAUTO Portable Blu-Ray DVD Player – Editor’s Pick
The NAVISKAUTO Portable Blu-Ray DVD Player provides outstanding sound and video quality and is one of the few to play Blu-Ray.
- 【PORTABLE BLU-RAY PLAYER】: Full HD 1080P blu-ray discs playback with 1920*1080 (3GB) pixels, provide you a better audio-visual experience. For DVD: Region Free; For Blu-ray Disc: Region A (Not support 2K/4K/3D BLU). Can be used in car headrest with NAVISKAUTO Car Headrest Mount Holder (ASIN: B07K71ZCXP)
- 【DOLBY DIGITAL SOUND】: Supports Dolby audio file decoding: Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby True HD, DTS-HD Master Audio MP3, etc. Stronger acoustic effect makes you feel like you were present at the cinema.
- 【HDMI OUTPUT AND INPUT】: Connect to your any HDMI-ready TV or your mobile phone using a HDMI cable (HDMI cable not included.). Get digital audio and video transmitted at the highest quality for your movies. Multiple ways to play.
2. DR. Q Portable DVD Player
- 15.4 Inch Swivel HD Screen: The 15.4 Inch 1280*800 HD swivel TFT screen together with its 270-degree rotation and 180-degree flip feature allows extreme viewing experience and easy positioning. This portable DVD player should be fantastic to help your journey even more comfortable;
- 4,000mAh Large Capacity Battery:4,000mAh large capacity built-in rechargeable powerful battery allows up to 6 hours of runtime. This portable DVD player can also be powered by your car charger or AC adapter to avoid the battery limitations altogether;
- Broad Compatibility: This portable DVD player supports disc (of all regions) formats including CD, DVD, DVD + R (-R), DVD + RW (-RW), VCD, SVCD-R (RW), CD-R (RW), file formats like MP3, MPG, VOB, AVI, MPEG and RMVB (maximum resolution 720 * 576, and for RMVB 720P), JPG, TXT, and also USB, SD and MMC card up to 32G;
Portable DVD Player for Kids
These are our favorite choices for kids.
1. ieGeek Portable DVD Player – Editor’s Pick
The ieGeek Portable DVD Player is both kid-friendly and kid-proof, making it an excellent value.
2. COOAU Portable DVD Player with Game Joystick
The COOAU Portable DVD Player with Game Joystick ticks off a lot of the boxes for a kid-friendly product. We loved the fact that it includes the joystick with a link to over 180 free NES games. The sound quality and playback are decent.
Portable DVD Player for Cars
Need to take a DVD player in the car? Check out these options.
1. UEME Portable DVD Player – Editor’s Pick
UEME Portable DVD Player makes viewing videos and movies comfortable for hours of enjoyment.
- Hight Resolution Screen -- Adopts 10.1 Inch 1024*600 HD swivel screen. Upgraded screen can relieve visual fatigue caused by long-time viewing. The 270° rotatable and 180° foldable screen provides extreme viewing experience and easy positioning.
- Battery Operated DVD Player -- Reliable high capacity battery ensures continuous playing for up to 5 hours. We also provide certificated AC power adaptor and 6ft car charger in the package, use them to get unlimited playback time at home or on the go.
- Support Multi Formats -- Direct play in formats: CD, DVD, DVD + R(-R), DVD + RW(-RW), VCD, SVCD, CD -R(RW). Supports multi-media files via USB and SD Card (max 32G), such as VOB, AVI, MPEG, DIVX, MP3, WMA, BMP, JPEG. Region free: UEME DVD player plays all your DVDs (except for Blu-ray) from different countries.
2. WONNIE Portable DVD Player
- Portable Players: The portable DVD player with 270 degrees rotation screen and 180 degrees flip design. with 9 inch 1024×600 swivel screen, The display is excellent and vivid and the audio is crystal clear, allows you to get the perfect view every time. It can be easily swiveled and attached to the car headrest when you are on road trips. You can also use the audio jack to plug in your headphone to enhance your audio-visual experience.
- Long Trip Use: The portable DVD player With the built-in high-capacity 5000mAh rechargeable lithium battery, you can enjoy watching your favorite DVDs for up to５hours(A WHOLE FILM), keep your kids entertained for the long trips. It also goes with a wireless car charger(NOTE: only used for the car 12 volts) and 1.5m AC adapter, suitable for car, home, office or hotel, ensuring you can use it for longer anytime.
- Multiple Format Capability: Supports direct play of CD, DVD, ±R/RW, VCD, EVD, DVD-RW, SVCD, CD-R, DVD-R, MP3, WMA, VOB, AVI, MPEG1, XVID, JPEG (but not blu-ray DVD & MP4). In addition, it supports USB and SD cards( max to 32G ), and make sure you are able to play movie and picture files on both a USB drive and SD card.
Portable DVD Players With Dual Screens
Want two screens? These are ideal options.
1. WONNIE Dual Portable DVD Player – Editor’s Pick
The WONNIE Dual Portable DVD Player comes with everything you need with a user-friendly design.
2. FANGOR Dual Screen DVD Player
- Dual DVD Players for Car-- FANGOR 2020 New generation 7.5 inch Dual Players with HD 1024*800, two monitors will play a same movie. AV OUT support SYNC playback to your big tv screen or other dvd players. And two quality speakers will always provide clear stereo sound for you
- Perfect Companion of Car Travel -- Powered by 2800 mAh high-capacity rechargeable lithium battery,one player will work for about 4-5 hours solely. When connecting together, they will play for about 2-2.5 hrs. And come with 2 AC adapters ( UL/EU/UK standard, you could also use them in European countries) , Car charger (used only for the car 12 volts)
- Broad Compatibility with Multimedia -- Direct play free regions discs from CD, DVD, CD-R/RW, DVD -R/+R, DVD+RW/-RW, VCD to SVCD (but not blue-ray DVD). USB / SD card support playing MP3, WMA, VOB, AVI, MPEG1, XVID, JPEG ( max to 32GB FAT32 and 720*576 pixel)
Portable DVD Players With USB-SD Card Support
Check out these options with USB-SD card support.
1. DBPOWER Portable DVD Player – Editor’s Pick
The DBPOWER Portable DVD Player is an excellent value with friendly customer support.
- 【WATCH MOVIES FOR LONGER】With the built-in high-capacity 2,500 mAh rechargeable lithium battery, you can enjoy watching your favorite DVDs for up to 5 hours. It can even be powered by your car charger or AC adapter, ensuring you can use it for longer anytime, anywhere.
- 【SUPPORTS HUGE ARRAY OF MULTIMEDIA】Supports direct play of CD, DVD, CD-R/RW, DVD -R/+R, DVD+RW/-RW, VCD, SVCD (but not blu-ray DVD). It is region free. In addition, it supports max 32GB USB and SD cards for playing MP3/WMA/WAV, JPEG, MPEG2/AVI/DIVX.
- 【SWIVEL SCREEN】Never be stuck for a viewing angle as the 10'' swivel display screen (1024*600 TFT-LCD ) with 270-degree rotation and 180 degrees flip allows you to get the perfect view every time. It can be easily swiveled and attached to the car headrest when you are on road trips.
2. DR. J Portable DVD Player
- 2020 Latest HD DVD Player: Powered by a 2,500 mAh high-capacity rechargeable lithium battery, this HD DVD player can easily extend the playing time of your favorite movies for up to 5 hours. Except include a 5.9 ft car and AC adapter, you can rest assured to enjoy your private theater anytime, anywhere.
- 270 Degrees Swivel Screen: The customized 10.1-inch 1024*600 flexible swivel screen featured with 270-degree rotation and 180 degrees flip function guarantees you superb viewing experience and easy positioning. It can also be attached to a car headrest to make you the road trips no longer boring;
- Broad Compatibility: This portable video player supports direct play various discs( of all regions) from CD, DVD, CD-R/RW, DVD -R/+R, DVD+RW/-RW, VCD to SVCD (but not blue-ray DVD). USB and SD cards ( max to 32G ) are supported for playing MP3/WMA/WAV, JPEG, MPEG2/AVI/DIVX.
The best portable DVD players are user-friendly and offer premium sound and video quality. Advances in technology have made them affordable for any budget. There’s no reason why you or your family can’t stay entertained while traveling for the ultimate in comfort.
Last update on 2020-11-30 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API