Exploring different cities in an RV is exciting and fun as you get to see the outdoors and still enjoy the convenience of having a part of your home. However, RVs are designed to allow a particular water pressure. Putting too much pressure on your system can cause it to burst pipes, and you could experience leaky fittings.
Below is a look at water pressure regulators, how to purchase them, and some of the top recommendations.
A water pressure regulator is a tool that you can add to the rig to get the right pressure. Here are a few tips on what to consider when choosing a water pressure regulator:
- Consider the Type of Regulator: You can find in-line, out of line, fixed, and adjustable types of regulators. Choose one depending on what features you’re looking for.
- Choose the Right Material: Find a regulator made of durable and sturdy material like brass as it’s able to resist harmful chemicals.
- Check the Gauge: Get a regulator that can control a water pressure of 50 psi. Certain regulators can handle a max of 100psi water pressure.
- DIY or Hire Help: Water pressure regulators are relatively easy to install on your own but if you don’t feel comfortable replacing or installing one, you’ll need to factor in the costs of a pro.
Best Premium RV Water Pressure Regulators
Some of the best premium RV water pressure regulators include:
1. Pangolin Water Pressure Regulator – Editor’s Pick
With its ability to get to 160 PSI, the regulator can be adjusted to your preferred pressure with a screw. The removable valve spool makes the regular easy to clean. Find quality silicone oil on the upgraded pressure gauge that helps to prevent water intrusion and rust.
- [New Upgrade Process]: The inside of the pressure gauge is filled with high class silicone oil. The clarity, stability and seismic performance are higher than other gauge and it is not easy to fade. The gauge is filled with oil to prevent water intrusion and rust, and the sealing is stronger, the service life is prolonged.
- [Lead Free Brass]: RV Water Pressure Regulator is tested strictly to meet NSF lead-free requirements of less than 0.25%, silver body, is different from other regulators, class C46500 LEAD-FREE BRASS treated by hot casting and plating double process technology, effectively inhibit bacterial growth, make the lead content of the RV regulator reach the minimum standard set by the market industry, which make it more safer and healthier.
- [Dual-Layer Inlet Screened Filter]: RV Water Pressure Regulator is designed with 3/4 NH thread (hose thread or garden hose thread), compatible with All US water sources. The Dual-Layer inlet screened filter helps to filter particles like gravel, debris to prevent impurity blocking and valve body damage, bring you continuous water flow which is about 2-4 gallons per minute, and will not reduced the water flow rate.
2. Renator M11-0660R Water Pressure Regulator
You’ll have no issue connecting it to a water source as the regular woks with all US water sources. The easy to follow installation guide makes the process easier. Being adjustable allows you to adjust the pressure to your preferences.
- BEST QUALITY REGULATOR ON THE MARKET. Get the only regulator that is quality tested in the US using American standards, comes with a 1-year warranty and lifetime US-based support (available on packaging), and is made with superior quality brass and a more durable, liquid-filled gauge.
- EASY TO INSTALL, EASY TO USE. Effortlessly adjust and monitor your water pressure, and enjoy strong showers and good water flow, while having the peace of mind knowing your RV is protected from high water pressure. Installation is as easy as attaching a water hose (each product comes with an illustrated guide).
- 1-YEAR WARRANTY AND U.S.-BASED PHONE AND EMAIL SUPPORT. Renator is one of the only companies based in the US; we do both secondary quality control in our Florida warehouse, and offer lifetime local phone and email support because we stand behind our product. The regulator is made out of heavy duty, rust-free brass, the gauge is made of stainless steel and contains silicone oil to reduce friction of internal components and significantly increases the life of the product.
Best Budget RV Water Pressure Regulators
Some of the best budget RV water Pressure regulators include:
1. Velraptor Water Pressure Regulator – Editor’s Pick
- This should be the first thing connecting to the campsite's city water connector,reduces water pressure and protects your filter and hose from damage
- Durable (lead free) Brass DMV metal. Adjustable.
- Adjustable to 160 PSI
2. Woodlev RV Water Pressure Regulator
The regulator also comes with a gauge, and it’s simple to install. If you want to change the water pressure, turn the adjustment screw while watching the indicator. Its sturdy construction reduces problems like leaking water.
Best Adjustable Water Pressure Regulators
Some of the best adjustable water pressure regulators include:
1. Camco 40055Adjustable Water Pressure Regulator – Editor’s Pick
Although it has a 45 psi factory preset pressure, you can adjust it to fit your desired pressure with the screw. Its brass construction makes it safe to use for drinking water. Its cutting edge design and reliability and durability give you value for money.
- Help prevent damage to your RV and boat appliances and plumbing fixtures and hoses from inconsistent or high water pressure
- Adjustment screw in cap to allow selection of desired pressure
- Not recommended for settings above 60 psi
2. Trumeters Adjustable Water Pressure Regulator
3. RVAQUA M11-45PSI Adjustable Water Pressure Regulator
The stainless steel material is also resistant to shock, dust, and water leaks. Moreover, the gauge has a universal fit, which means it’s compatible with various water sources. You can use a screwdriver to adjust the water pressure from 0-160 psi.
- Universal Fitment with Dual-layer Inlet Filter - Designed with 3/4" garden hose threads & NH threads, compatible with All US water sources. DUAL-LAYER inlet screened filter helps to filter particles like gravel, debris to prevent impurity blocking and valve body damage
- Lead Free Brass, Safer and Healthier - Class C46500 LEAD-FREE BRASS treated by hot casting process technology. Tested to meet NSF lead-free requirements of less than 0.25%, which can inhibit bacterial growth Effectively. This regulator was modified to contain lowest amount of lead of any regulator on the market;
- Stainless Steel Gauge with Explosion-proof Plug - Better shock, dust and water leaking resistance than plastic shell gauge on the market. The build-in oil damps sudden pressure changes to damage the gauge. In case of water pressure exceeds the capacity, the Explosion-proof plug can prevent water spraying out from the end of the hose
Best Fixed RV Water Pressure Regulators
Some of the best fixed RV water pressure regulators include:
1. Camco 40064 Brass Water Pressure Regulator With Gauge – Editor’s Pick
Its inclusion of brass material ensures that your water is safe for consumption. The regulator gives you 40-50 psi. Moreover, it’s simple to install and offers intense pressure.
- Helps protect RV plumbing and hoses from high pressure city water
- Attaches easily with 3/4" garden hose threads
- Pressure is factory pre set at 40 50 PSI
2. Valterra AO1-1122VP Lead-Free Water Regulator
- WATER REGULATOR: Versatile water regulator is compatible with standard campers, RV's, trailers, and more
- IDEAL PRESSURE: Regulates water pressure to 50-55 psi to protect your RV's plumbing system. Does not reduce pressure when inlet pressure is below 50 psi. Not recommended for older RV's.
- DURABLE CONSTRUCTION: Lead-free brass design is rust-resistant and durable for years of quality use. Screened washer removes debris (Clean screened washer as needed)
Best High Flow RV Water Pressure Regulators
Some of the best high flow RV water pressure regulators include:
1. Kanbrook Adjustable RV Water Pressure Regulator – Editor’s Pick
All you need is to connect the regulator to the water supply. Its durable design and performance guarantee you a quality product that will last for long. Another advantage is the fact that this model is adjustable from 0-160 PSI. Its maximum pressure capacity of 280 PSI gets you a versatile and efficient regulator.
- Simple to connect to campsite water supply, reduces water pressure and protects your filter and hose from damage
- Quality tested for maximum reliability and high performance in even the toughest environments
- Constructed from durable (lead free) Brass DMV metal, gauge filled with oil to increase longevity and accuracy. Plastic coverings for safe and secure storage
2. TargetEVO Adjustable Brass lead-Free Water Pressure Regulator
- Design for city water and RV, reduces water pressure and protects your filter and hose from damage
- Lead Free Brass, NH thread, DN20, Adjustable to 160 PSI
- Adjust pressure, ONLY with all water turned off inside the RV
Before you choose one of the top-rated water pressure regulators for your RV, make sure that the regulator is the best fit for your needs and consider other factors like materials and durability.
Last update on 2022-11-30 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API