Traveling with an uncomfortable mattress can turn a great vacation into a terrible one. After all, it’s hard to enjoy yourself when you’re stiff and sore, and that’s not counting other possible issues like restlessness or insomnia. We want you to feel comfortable and able to enjoy your vacations to the fullest, so here are our picks for the best RV mattresses.
Before we get to our recommendations, here’s what you should keep in mind when buying one.
- What To Consider: The significant factors to consider when buying an RV mattress are the style (mattress, sofa bed, topper, etc.), material (memory foam, latex, air), size, and firmness. Some mattresses below are marked “variable” in their quick facts section, which means the seller offers other sizes or options.
- Types Of Available Mattresses: RV mattresses come in many of the same options as regular household beds, though they are firmer on average.
- Additional Accessories: Some beds come with accessories, such as toppers for pull-out mattresses. You may need a place to store these.
- Caring For An RV Mattress: Caring for an RV mattress often requires cleaning it a few days before your trip. Cleaning techniques and chemicals vary by bed type, so make sure your cleaners match.
Budget RV Mattresses
1. Zinus 6-Inch Short Queen – Editor’s Pick
Zinus’ Short Queen is a thick memory foam mattress infused with gel and green tea essence for added scent and comfort.
- AS COOL AS IT GETS - Settle in to a bed made with our most cooling formula yet, promising perfectly temperature-regulated sleep and a clean feeling night after night, all thanks to our enveloping memory foam packed with cooling gel and green tea
- PRESSURE-RELIEVING FOAMS - 1 inch ultra-cooling gel and green tea infused memory foam, 1 inch soft comfort foam, and 4 inches durable, high density base support foam; ideal for back sleepers and average-weight sleepers
- CERTIPUR US CERTIFIED - Highest quality foam is CertiPUR US Certified for durability, performance, and content
2. ETE ETMATE Inflatable Camping Bed
- ❤【 LONG for LARGE SPACE】: Size: 69 *51 *9 (inches) and longer than other products. This car air mattress can be fully deployed for 2-3 people. So it's the best choice.
- ❤ 【FOR】: It has 4 seperate air bags with separate air inlets. The design of this inflatable structure will decide the expand size of the bed after inflatable and be self-adjustment based on the size of the actual space. You can fully inflate the mat for multi person to use or partially inflate for single person, whichever best fits the back space of your car.
- ❤【 Electric Pump for free】: Set combo= 1 Air mattress bed+ 1 Electric pump+ 2 Air pillows+ 1 bag+ repair patches.
Premium RV Mattresses
1. InnerSpace RV Luxury Deluxe Reversible Memory Foam Mattress – Editor’s Pick
InnerSpace’s RV Luxury Deluxe line is flexible enough to sit on many different types of bases while offering three inches of comfortable memory foam on top of a five-inch base.
- Washable Cashmere Zipper Cover (Cold Water is Recommended)
- Eliminates Motion Transfer Between Bed Partners
- For Use with Platform Beds, Adjustable Beds and Slatted Frames or Box Springs
2. Parklane Mattresses Adventurer RV
- Premium memory foam
- RV specific sizes
- Our patented technology allows our mattresses to be efficiently compressed, rolled and shipped in a box conveniently to your door
Air RV Mattresses
1. AirExpect Camping Airbed – Editor’s Pick
Air mattresses are an ideal way to save space in SUVs because you can deflate them when you don’t need them. This model features a thicker top, an anti-skid bottom, and a storage bag for carrying it to camping destinations outside your RV.
- 【Dampproof,Preserve Warmth $ Space - Saving】The inflatable mattress can insulate you from the cold with an extra layer to preserve warmth in the non-toxic PVC flocked top. It also ensures no uncomfortable humidity by raising 9 inches from the wet ground. Save space without compromising any comfort, with plenty of space still left in the tent, plus an amazing weight capacity of 600lb, you shall enjoy a golden slumber
- 【Super Durable ,Puncture - Resistant & Waterproof】Our camping mattress is born for adventures with puncture-resistant and waterproof 0.45 mm extra thick non-toxic PVC that prevents any leak.Our camping air mattress use innovative Duracoil Technology with 32 internal air coils system provide perfect support for your body, keeping the spine in alignment. Combining with integrated raised pillow design for a sound sleep
- 【Wieless Rechargeable Pump & Quick Inflation】Quickly inflates/deflates car mattress to desired firmness in 90 seconds with our rechargeable wireless pump (AC100-240V/DC) , allowing you to blow up your airbed anywhere. Designed for portability and fast use, you shall charge the pump either at home in advance of your trip or with a car charger on the road
2. EnerPlex Never-Leak Camping Series
- 2-Year Warranty - Enerplex Is The Best Camping And Home Use Air Mattress On The Market, Waterproof Never-Leak Technology - Our Twin Air Mattress Inflates In Under 90 Seconds And Includes A High-Speed Pump, Take Us Anywhere! - This is not a cheap air mattress. Our Twin Airbed was designed for fast use and indoor and outdoor sleeping. Our Air mattress is the highest quality blow up bed on the market!
- Not Sold Yet? Custom Coil-Beam Technology Offers Extreme Comfort: Our Twin Air Mattress Coil beams were designed to give you maximum comfort and will mimic the experience of a real bed. The 9" low profile space saving air mattress is safe for children, adults and seniors without compromising your safety or comfort. Our airbed was designed for indoor / outdoor use but also allows you to use while plugged in an outlet or A/C adapter. Setup the airbed anywhere.
- Guest & Campers Dream, Portable & Compact Air Mattress Twin Size: Unlike other large bulky airbeds, our Twin Air Mattress & Portable Pump provides better comfort without losing quality sleep. Easily transport the airbed in your home, campsite, or vehicle. Forget the days of using a generator to power your bed or having to pump up the bed in an awkward area of your home. With Enerplex'S Pump (Ac100-240V / Dc) you are always in charge!
Gel Foam RV Mattresses
1. Lucid 10-Inch Gel Memory Foam Mattress – Editor’s Pick
Lucid’s ten-inch mattress is one of the thickest foam mattresses on the market, making it ideal for long and frequent use.
- This dual-layer mattress combines 2.5 inch gel infused, ventilated memory foam surface + 7.5 inch high density foam base for a MEDIUM-FIRM feel
- Specifically designed for RVs and campers for premium comfort in your home away from home
- Temperature-regulating, moisture-controlling TENCEL blend fabric cover creates a comfortable air layer
Latex RV Mattresses
1. Innomax White Night – Editor’s Pick
Completely latex mattresses are extremely rare – most companies sell latex toppers instead, many of which are suitable for RV use. Innomax’s White Night is an unusual full-latex mattress, making it one of the most durable (if expensive) mattresses on the market.
- The White Night Natural Latex Mattress Features:
- Top Panel: 3 lbs of 100% Wool over a half inch Natural Latex comfort layer, zone quilted between 100% Certified Organic Cotton Fiber top ticking & backing
- Support Layers: Medium-Firm solid 9" Natural Latex core (1" + 2" Natural Latex Progressive Support Comfort Layers + 6" Natural Latex Base - ILD's Below) is surrounded by 100% Wool
Inner-Spring RV Mattresses
1. LINENSPA 6-Inch Innerspring – Editor’s Pick
LINENSPA’s 6-inch innerspring mattress is a firm, durable, and affordable alternative to memory foam.
- Heavy gauge tempered steel coils provide a firm mattress with exceptional support and durability perfect for a kids room, guest beds, or an affordable low profile option
- Fire resistant barrier meets flammability standards and helps keep your loved ones safe while they sleep
- Quilted fabric cover and foam layer offers a layer of top cushioning for increased comfort
Memory Foam RV Mattresses
1. Zinus Deluxe – Editor’s Pick
Zinus’ deluxe memory foam mattress is a little thicker than their six-inch budget model, but the added size offers extra comfort and support.
- Conforming memory foam comfort and support for a better night's sleep
- Mattress layers include: 3 inches Memory Foam, 2 inches Pressure Relieving Comfort Foam, and 5 inches High-density Base Support Foam
- Only the Highest Quality of Foam-Foam is CertiPUR - US Certified for durability, performance, and content
As you can see, there are many options for RV beds, and we didn’t even cover some of the more unusual designs like sofa beds. If you need an RV bed, buy one now instead of later so you have the time to set it up and test it before your trip.
Last update on 2021-04-13 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API