One of the most critical factors of your comfort in your RV is air ventilation. Whether it’s hot or cold outside, and whether you’re hooked up to a generator or not, a roof vent is essential to keeping air flowing through your home away from home. This guide will help you find the right RV roof vent to fit your needs and keep you comfortable.
Before you buy the first RV roof vent you see, consider some of these buying tips.
- Benefits to an RV roof vent:
An RV roof vent, like we mentioned, is imperative to your comfort. A good vent will keep air flowing through your RV to avoid stuffiness in both winter and summer months.
- What to consider when purchasing an RV roof vent:
Obviously your budget is important to you, so we’ll provide you with some budget options for RV roof vents. Depending on what features you’re looking for, you’ll find those too.
- Types of RV roof vents:
RV roof vents generally come in electric and non-electric models. If you want something that is easy to operate, you may opt for an electric vent.
- Important additional accessories to go with your RV roof vents
While most RV roof vents come with the accessories to install it, others don’t. If you don’t want to have to go out and buy extra materials, be sure to read item descriptions and reviews thoroughly.
Budget RV Roof Vents
On a budget? Check out these high-quality and budget-friendly roof vents.
1. HENG’S 14″ RV Roof Vent Kit w/ Butyl Tape w/12 Volt Fan Tinted # 74112-C – Editor’s Pick
This automatic roof vent by HENG will keep your RV fresh in the summer while keeping the bugs out with its sturdy mesh screen. To make installation easy, butyl tape and screws are included when you purchase this RV roof vent. And you know your product will last a long time due to the durable steel material.
2. Ventline V2092SP-28 Birch White Ventadome
- Lift mechanism provides a smooth operation and eliminates chatter; 14.25 inch x 14.25 inch rough opening
- The slide mechanism has more surface area contact
- Making the guide bar stronger and allowing better distribution of stress
3. 14″ RV Roof Vent w/Low Profile Metal Lid 75111-C
- Standard Universal RV Roof Vent Non-Powered w/ Low Profile Metal Lid Heng's Part # 75111-C
- 1” Inner Garnish / Trim Ring Heng's Part # 90090
- NO MOUNTING HARDWARE you must provide caulk/putty and screws
Premium RV Roof Vents
Looking for something a little more premium? Check out our top-rated picks.
1. Fan-Tastic Vent RV Roof Vent with Thermostat, Manual and Automatic Speed 12 Volt RV Vent Fan, Smoke Dome RV Vent Cover – Model 2250 – White – Editor’s Pick
- THREE-SPEED FAN - This lightweight, compact and durable vent fan seals tight when not in use. Powerful 12 in, 10-blade fan quickly moves air in and out of the cabin. The core of this truly fantastic ventilation solution is a high performance rotary fan that features three blade speeds; low, medium, and high
- ACHIEVE THE IDEAL ON-BOARD TEMPERATURE – For true comfort at your convenience, the Fantastic Vent has a built-in thermostat to take care of maintaining your desired temperature
- REVERSIBLE AIRFLOW - The powerful yet compact Dometic Fantastic Vent has fixed, manual speeds or automatic variable speeds to get the airflow precisely as you want. It's simple reverse switch changes the fan direction, drawing air in or out of the vehicle
2. Maxxair Smoke Corp 00-04500K Maxxfan Plus Vent 14″ 12V
- Fan Speed: 10 Speed
- Lid Opening: Electric
- Controls at ceiling
RV Roof Vents with Attached Cover
An attached cover is a “must have” feature for many RVers. Check out our favorites.
1. Livpow RV Roof Vent 3 Speed Reversible Manual Lift Smoke Lid- Editor’s Pick
- Universal RV Roof vent with reversible 12V fan pushes stale air out of and pulls fresh air into your RV, camper, or enclosed trailer
- Variable-speed fan offers 3 speeds to boost or reduce airflow as needed
- Use Livpow RV roof vent without disturbing other people in the house,the fan powerful and quiet
2. Maxxair Vent Corp White 00-04000K Maxxfan Plus Vent 14″ 12V
- Remote control models now include backup controls at ceiling, a MaxxFan exclusive
- Fan runs with lid closed to circulate air (Ceiling Fan Mode)
- Flush mounted, easy to clean keypad controls fan speed, thermostat, air intake and exhaust
Electric RV Roof Vents
We highly recommend these RV roof vents if you’re looking for an electric option.
1. Fan-Tastic 801200 Create-A-Breeze RV Roof Vent – Editor’s Pick
- Fan-Tastic Vent Model 1200 Create-A-Breeze is durable, quiet and has proven longevity
- 12 volt DC3 Speed motor
- Smoke Lid
2. Fan-Tastic Vent 807350 Series Vent-White
- HIGH PERFORMANCE ROTARY FAN - The core of this truly fantastic ventilation solution is a high performance rotary fan which is firmly integrated in the roof window, and can be adjusted as required. Simply set the desired temperature on the remote control and the fan motor will start and stop automatically as the interior temperature of the vehicle exceeds or drops below the selected temperature level.
- RAIN SENSOR - This vent features a rain sensor that automatically closes the dome when wet and reopens once the sensor dries. The built-in manual knob allows for closing the dome in an emergency.
- VARIABLE SPEED - The powerful yet compact Dometic Fantastic Vent has fixed, manual speeds or automatic variable speeds to get the airflow precisely as you want. It’s simple reverse switch changes the fan direction, drawing air in or out of the vehicle.
Non-Electric RV Roof Vents
Want a manual, non-electric RV roof vent that’s easy to use and will hold up for years to come? Check out our top recommendations in this category.
1. RV Motorhome Complete Universal Roof Vent Lid Replacement Trailer Vent Full Assembly – Editor’s Pick
- Replacement Vent Lid Complete Assembly Replaces: Ventline, Jensen and Elixir Vents
- UV resistant translucent lid conforms to Federal Motor Home Vehicle Safety Standards
- Positive-seal weather stripping is leak resistant and weather tight
2. Camco 40480 Roof Vent Kit
- Replaces Ventline, Jensen and Elixir vents
- Compatible with a 1-1/4" to 2-1/4" thick roof
- Seamless, one piece frame is leak resistant and weather tight
Part of our job is to make sure that your RV travels are as comfortable as possible. Air ventilation is something that can make or break a trip, so it’s crucial to have an RV roof vent that you can depend on to keep you and your family as relaxed as possible. Happy trails!
Last update on 2020-11-28 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API