One of the most critical factors of your comfort in your RV is air ventilation. Whether it’s hot or cold outside, and whether you’re hooked up to a generator or not, a roof vent is essential to keeping air flowing through your home away from home. This guide will help you find the right RV roof vent to fit your needs and keep you comfortable.
Before you buy the first RV roof vent you see, consider some of these buying tips.
- Benefits to an RV roof vent:
An RV roof vent, like we mentioned, is imperative to your comfort. A good vent will keep air flowing through your RV to avoid stuffiness in both winter and summer months.
- What to consider when purchasing an RV roof vent:
Obviously your budget is important to you, so we’ll provide you with some budget options for RV roof vents. Depending on what features you’re looking for, you’ll find those too.
- Types of RV roof vents:
RV roof vents generally come in electric and non-electric models. If you want something that is easy to operate, you may opt for an electric vent.
- Important additional accessories to go with your RV roof vents
While most RV roof vents come with the accessories to install it, others don’t. If you don’t want to have to go out and buy extra materials, be sure to read item descriptions and reviews thoroughly.
Budget RV Roof Vents
On a budget? Check out these high-quality and budget-friendly roof vents.
1. HENG’S 14″ RV Roof Vent Kit w/ Butyl Tape w/12 Volt Fan Tinted # 74112-C – Editor’s Pick
This automatic roof vent by HENG will keep your RV fresh in the summer while keeping the bugs out with its sturdy mesh screen. To make installation easy, butyl tape and screws are included when you purchase this RV roof vent. And you know your product will last a long time due to the durable steel material.
- Great price and quality
- All installation materials included
- Electric fan to keep air moving
- If you’re looking for a cost-friendly option for your RV, this HENG fan is a great choice. The electric fan will keep you cool in the summer and will withstand the elements while you travel.
2. Ventline V2092SP-28 Birch White Ventadome
- Easy to install
- Great material
- Detachable screen for easy cleaning
- They say you get what you pay for, but reviews for the Ventline RV roof vent seem to exceed expectations and provide a high quality product for a great price.
- Lift mechanism provides a smooth operation and eliminates chatter; 14.25 inch x 14.25 inch rough opening
- The slide mechanism has more surface area contact
- Making the guide bar stronger and allowing better distribution of stress
3. 14″ RV Roof Vent w/Low Profile Metal Lid 75111-C
- Low cost
- Universal fit
- Durable according to reviews
- Although you have to provide your own hardware to mount this roof vent, reviews are consistently high and say that this vent is durable and well made for the price you pay.
- Standard Universal RV Roof Vent Non-Powered w/ Low Profile Metal Lid Heng's Part # 75111-C
- 1” Inner Garnish / Trim Ring Heng's Part # 90090
- NO MOUNTING HARDWARE you must provide caulk/putty and screws
Premium RV Roof Vents
Looking for something a little more premium? Check out our top-rated picks.
1. Fan-Tastic Vent RV Roof Vent with Thermostat, Manual and Automatic Speed 12 Volt RV Vent Fan, Smoke Dome RV Vent Cover – Model 2250 – White – Editor’s Pick
- Built-in thermostat
- Reversible airflow option
- Extremely quiet
- This Fan-Tastic RV roof vent will make you feel like you’re at home and in control of the temperature again.
- THREE-SPEED FAN - This lightweight, compact and durable vent fan seals tight when not in use. Powerful 12 in, 10-blade fan quickly moves air in and out of the cabin. The core of this truly fantastic ventilation solution is a high performance rotary fan that features three blade speeds; low, medium, and high
- ACHIEVE THE IDEAL ON-BOARD TEMPERATURE – For true comfort at your convenience, the Fantastic Vent has a built-in thermostat to take care of maintaining your desired temperature
- REVERSIBLE AIRFLOW - The powerful yet compact Dometic Fantastic Vent has fixed, manual speeds or automatic variable speeds to get the airflow precisely as you want. It's simple reverse switch changes the fan direction, drawing air in or out of the vehicle
2. Maxxair Smoke Corp 00-04500K Maxxfan Plus Vent 14″ 12V
- 10-speed fan
- Electric lid opening
- Intake and exhaust
- If you’re looking to make your RV even more convenient, this Maxxair roof vent, equipped with remote, will help you stay comfortable.
- Fan Speed: 10 Speed
- Lid Opening: Electric
- Controls at ceiling
RV Roof Vents with Attached Cover
An attached cover is a “must have” feature for many RVers. Check out our favorites.
1. Livpow RV Roof Vent 3 Speed Reversible Manual Lift Smoke Lid- Editor’s Pick
- Clear fan blades and opaque dome filter to allow sunlight in
- Bug screen to keep pests out
- Simple installation and hardware included
- If you’re looking for an RV roof vent with a cover that doesn’t completely block out sunlight, this Livpow model is a great and efficient option.
2. Maxxair Vent Corp White 00-04000K Maxxfan Plus Vent 14″ 12V
- Built-in thermostat to regulate temperature
- Easy installation
- Quiet airflow
- This Maxxair roof vent will keep air flowing quietly throughout your RV even when you have the cover closed.
- Remote control models now include backup controls at ceiling, a MaxxFan exclusive
- Fan runs with lid closed to circulate air (Ceiling Fan Mode)
- Flush mounted, easy to clean keypad controls fan speed, thermostat, air intake and exhaust
Electric RV Roof Vents
We highly recommend these RV roof vents if you’re looking for an electric option.
1. Fan-Tastic 801200 Create-A-Breeze RV Roof Vent – Editor’s Pick
- Easy to install
- Smoke lid
- 1-year warranty
- Reviews say that this RV roof vent is easy to install and is fairly quiet while circulating air. If you’re looking for an inexpensive option, this Fan-Tastic model is a good choice.
- Fan-Tastic Vent Model 1200 Create-A-Breeze is durable, quiet and has proven longevity
- 12 volt DC3 Speed motor
- Smoke Lid
2. Fan-Tastic Vent 807350 Series Vent-White
- Rain sensor
- Electric remote control
- Automatic thermostat
- If you’re looking for a smarter RV roof vent, this is a great option. Not only will the fan turn off when you reach your desired temperature, it will also keep you dry and close automatically when it starts to rain.
No products found.
Non-Electric RV Roof Vents
Want a manual, non-electric RV roof vent that’s easy to use and will hold up for years to come? Check out our top recommendations in this category.
1. RV Motorhome Complete Universal Roof Vent Lid Replacement Trailer Vent Full Assembly – Editor’s Pick
- Low cost
- UV resistant lid
- Weather-proof sealant
- If you don’t need something fancy, this RV roof vent will get the job done without all of the bells and whistles of a more expensive roof vent.
- Compatible: The EZ Travel Replacement RV Trailer Vent Lid Complete Assembly is compatible with Ventline, Jensen, and Elixir Vents
- Safe: Our UV resistant and translucent lid conforms to Federal Motor Home Vehicle Safety Standards
- Reliable: Positive-seal weather stripping is leak resistant and is weather tight
2. Camco 40480 Roof Vent Kit
- Good replacement vent
- Leak resistant
- One piece frame
- This Camco RV roof vent is definitely not one of the best out there, but if you’re looking for a non-electric replacement for your RV, it’s a cheap option to get the job done.
- Replaces Ventline, Jensen and Elixir vents
- Compatible with a 1-1/4" to 2-1/4" thick roof
- Seamless, one piece frame is leak resistant and weather tight
Part of our job is to make sure that your RV travels are as comfortable as possible. Air ventilation is something that can make or break a trip, so it’s crucial to have an RV roof vent that you can depend on to keep you and your family as relaxed as possible. Happy trails!
Last update on 2023-05-28 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API