There’s a lot that goes into maintaining your RV’s health and safety, and most of it starts with the roof. RV roof sealants come in handy for quick patches and long-lasting seals in your RV’s roof to prevent damage inside from outdoor elements. Our curated list of the best RV roof sealants on the market can guide you to the right one for your RV.
There are some important considerations to make before buying a roof sealant for your RV, including:
- Type of RV roof sealant: There are various types of RV roof sealants available, including liquid, tape, adhesive, and self-leveling. Your ideal type depends on what you want to seal and your roof material.
- Various uses for an RV roof sealant: Sealants can quickly patch leaky roofs, but they can also fill gaps and cracks around vents, air conditioners, and other places that can let air and water seep through.
- Roof coating: Consider your roof type – rubber, fiberglass, or aluminum – to find a sealant that adheres to it.
- Maintaining a seal: Some sealants are UV resistant to give them a longer life when exposed to sunlight consistent
Budget RV Roof Sealant
When you need the most affordable sealant solution, these are the best options.
1. Geocel ProFlexRv Flexible Sealant – Editor’s Pick
- Roof Sealant; Pro Flex RV (TM); Use To Create Watertight Seal On RV Roofs/ Doors/ Windows/ Side Molding/ Trim/ Vents And Seams; Compatible With Aluminum/ Glass/ Kynar/ Steel/ Wood/ Fiberglass And Vinyl; Paste; Black; 10 Ounce Cartridge; Single; Paintable; UV And Mildew Resistant
- Will Not Crack. Exceptional Flexibility
- Excellent Adhesion To Many Surfaces, Even When Damp. Adheres To Aluminum, Glass, Coated Steel (Kynar 500), Steel, Wood, Fiberglass, And Vinyl
2. AP Products Sikaflex-715
- Cross-linking chemical curing flexible, elastic, and durable roof sealant
- Curing process imparts a highly elastic internal strength not found in traditional RV roof sealant products
- Will bond to a variety of roofing component substrates
Premium RV Roof Sealant
Have a little more to spare in your budget? Choose from one of these premium sealants.
1. Dicor Rubber Roof Acrylic Coating – Editor’s Pick
- Well Suited for Retrofit Installations
- Flexes very well
- Eliminates irritating roof rumble
2. Premier Pro Products RV Roof Sealant
- NUMEROUS ROOF & GUTTER APPLICATIONS: Our universal roof repair sealant works great for a variety of applications. A few of the more common applications include commercial, industrial, or residential roof repair, RV roof repair, gutter repair, and farm repair. Compatible with asphalt roofs, metal roofs, rubber roofs, wood roofs, and more. Our roofing sealant truly is universal.
- THE ULTIMATE RV ROOF SEALANT: Our sealant works wonders on RV roof repair. Our sealant is a highly useful and handy product for people needing RV accessories or camper accessories. Also works well with motorhomes, mobile homes, travel trailers, and more. Great for winterizing, as a RV vent seal, or to have close by in case you spring a leak.
- NO CAULK GUN REQUIRED! | RESEALABLE & NO MESS: Our 750ml pouch (25.3oz) is equivalent to 2.5 of the traditional 10oz cartridges and covers 130 lineal feet. There are numerous benefits to our proprietary pouch including the ability to reseal the product, less mess, and easier application. Self-leveling lap sealant with no caulk gun required! The result is an easier to apply product that will save you time, stress, and money.
RV Roof Liquid Sealant
Liquid roof sealants can coat your entire roof to add an extra layer of protection.
1. Pro Guard Liquid Roof – Editor’s Pick
- package length:19.685 centimeters
- Package Weight: 4.513 kg
- package width:19.685 centimeters
2. Liquid Rubber RV Roof Coating
- FLEXIBLE RV ROOF COATING - Solar reflective, cool roof & UV resistant, Final membrane has over 1000% elongation preventing adhesion failure, and is UV Stable stopping the sun from degrading the product
- PROTECTIVE SEALANT FOR - RV roofs, metal roofs, flat roofs around the home, mobile homes, campers, trailer, gutters, sheds, foundations, planter boxes interior basements, fences, stucco, wood, concrete, metal and more!
- EASY TO APPLY - Just like painting! Apply by brush, roller or high quality paint sprayer. Use heavy coats to build up the waterproof membrane. You can close the container and use later if you have left over material
RV Roof Tape Sealant
Mess-free tape sealants offer a quick and easy sealing solution.
1. EternaBond RoofSeal – Editor’s Pick
- EASY TO USE: One step roof repair system for use on virtually all roofs and roof accessories with no additional products needed. bonds to a wide range of surfaces including roof materials such as EPDM, TPO, Hypalon, aluminum, galvanized steel, wood, and fiberglass.
- NO ADDITIONAL SEALING REQUIRED: Creates a waterproof, moisture, and air tight barrier with no additional sealing required that remains flexible to -57°C (-70°F) RoofSeal is the best solution for RV leak repair
- NO MESS: No trays or solvents to clean up after use
2. Cofair Quick Roof Extreme
This tape includes Steel-Loc technology, which forms a lock-tight grip between it and your roofing material to prevent leaks. With its peel-and-stick design, Quick Roof Extreme is convenient to use in a pinch, with no tools or extra supplies needed.
- Quick Roof Extreme Tape, White for RVs
- Permanently repairs EPDM, TPO, metal, fiberglass, aged and rigid PVC, wood, OSB and most building materials
- Self-adhesive, peel-and-stick
Self-Leveling Liquid RV Roof Sealant
Self-leveling sealants are typically somewhat thick in consistency to allow them to fill spaces on their own as they cure.
1. Dicor Self-Leveling Lap Sealant – Editor’s Pick
- Creates a secure, secondary seal along the roof’s edges, air vents, vent pipes and screw heads
- Adheres firmly to aluminum, mortar, wood, vinyl, galvanized metal, fiberglass and concrete
- Compatible with EPDM and TPO sheeting
2. ToughGrade RV Self-Leveling Lap Sealant
- ToughSeal Self-Level Sealant
- Seals along roof edges, around vent covers, vent pipes, air conditioners and screw heads.
- UV-stabilized to prevent deterioration and discoloration
With so many types of RV roof sealants on the market, you can undoubtedly find one that suits your needs, whether you’re looking for a quick fix or a long-term solution. Before choosing a product, remember to consider your roof material and what type of seal for which you’re looking.
Our guide includes top picks for self-leveling, tape, liquid, budget, and premium RV roof sealants. These suggestions can steer you toward finding the best RV roof sealant for your RV.
Last update on 2021-04-13 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API