Being able to enjoy your favorite meals on your RV comes in handy when you need to be on the move. An RV stove is one of the must-have appliances. Apart from allowing you to cook your meals at your convenience, a stove cuts your cooking time, saves you food money, and gives you more storage space.
Below is a detailed review of RV stoves and how to pick the right one.
Choosing the appropriate stove for your RV doesn’t have to be complicated. Here are a few things to consider:
- Power Supply: Find a stove that supports plenty of power needs. For example, an electric kitchen stove won’t experience power fluctuations as it can run on 120V. A gas-operated stove will be hot if it comes with a high BTU rating,
- Ease of Cleaning: Select a stove that is simple to clean. A good option would be stainless steel ones as all they need is a cloth and water.
- Price: There are affordable and premium RV stoves. Those with extra features will be expensive. Narrow down your choices based on the features you need and your preferred price point.
- Easy of Use and Set up: If a stove doesn’t fit in your RV or is difficult to use you’re less likely to use it. Make sure that you measure to make sure it’s the best fit, as well as know how to use it.
Electric RV Cooktop Stoves
Here’s our top choices for electric cooktops ideal for RV use.
1. Cusimax Stainless Countertop Burner – Editor’s Pick
The stainless steel is simple to clean, and the burner runs on 120V, something that makes it suitable for RV travel. You can use any type of cookware on this stove.
- ❀[WORKS WITH ALL TYPES OF COOKWARE]: Compatible with pots and pans with maximum size of 7.4 + 6.1 inches. Works with glass and aluminum and heats cookware efficiently with minimal heat loss. All CUSIMAX products are covered by Product Liability Insurance of United States.
- ❀[CAST-IRON BURNERS & EASY COOKING]: Turn on/off the burner by just turning the knob, easy operating. This hot plate is equipped with thermostat, when it reaches the setting temperature, it will automatically cycle on/off the power to maintain the setting temperature. Easy cooking. NOTE: All cast-iron hot plate takes minutes to heat up and 15 minutes to cool down, you can purchase Cusimax Infrared Burner which takes few seconds to heat up if you don’t like the speed.
- ❀[CONVENIENT] Powered by 120V and 900-Watts (left plate) + 900-Watts (right plate), add up to 1800W. Conveniently cook a variety of foods such as warm sauces, scrambled eggs, grilled cheese, soup, pasta, vegetables and so much more. Very portable design. Ideal for dorm rooms, offices, camping, or even your RV. Great for every day use or as an extra cooking appliance in a busy kitchen. No stovetop required. Simply wipe with a clean and damp cloth when cool.
2. Duxtop 9300ST Ultrathin Portable Induction Cooktop
- Ultra thin portable design with FULL glass top, 40% thinner than previous models. Lightweight and compact for easy handling and storage, easy to carry and move around
- 15 power levels from 100-1500Watts; 15 temperature range from 140°F to 460°F;
- Digital control panel; Built-in count-down digital timer up to 170 minutes; The auto-pan detection will shut the unit off automatically after 60 seconds if no cookware is detected; Equipped with diagnostic error message system, Low and high voltage warning system; 5 ft cord;
Gas RV Cooktop Stoves
Some of the best Gas RV cooktop stoves include:
1. Atwood 56472 Stainless Steel 3 Burner Drop-in Cooktop – Editor’s Pick
2. Flame King YSNHT600 2 Burner Built-in RV Cooktop Stove
- LIGHTWEIGHT DESIGN - Great for RVs and camping, this lightweight gas drop-in cooktop stove eliminates concerns of weight and space restrictions
- POWERFUL - Two burner sizes feature 7200 BTU oval grate and 5200 circular grate for powerful cooking on the go!
- COVER INCLUDED - Protect your travel stove with included cover. Wind guards keep flame from going out during cooking and cover fits securely for easy storage and travel
Alcohol RV Stoves
Some of the best alcohol RV stoves include:
1. Out-d Stainless Steel Alcohol Stove Camping Stove – Editor’s Pick
- Size: 90x130mm
- Material: Stainless Steel
2. Dometic Origo 3000 2-Burner Alcohol Stove
Premium RV Stoves
The best premium RV stoves include:
1. Suburban Gas Range With Conventional Burners – Editor’s Pick
- High-efficiency, well insulated 17" and 22" ovens heat to 500° and feature large broiler areas
- Sturdy, easy-sliding oven rack with multiple rack positions
- High-output, 9,000-BTUH front burner with linear valve
2. Atwood Stainless Steel Drop-in 2 Burner Stove
- Atwood/Wedgewood VISION DROP-IN COOKTOP - Stylish lightweight drop-ins designed for when weight restrictions and tight space are a concern
- The two-burner features one 7200 BTU burner with a large, oval grate and one 5200 BTU burner with standard circular grate
- The three-burner features one 7200 BTU burner with a large, oval grate and two 5200 BTU burners with circular grates
Budget RV stoves
Check out our budget-friendly picks.
1. Coleman Gas Camping Stove – Editor’s Pick
- One 7,500 BTU burner and one 6,500 BTU burner
- Runs on Coleman Fuel or unleaded gas
- Boil a quart of water in four minutes
2. RoadPro 12-Volt Portable Stove
- Handy 12-volt portable stove
- Warms food to 300 degrees
- Can be used to heat most kinds of pre-cooked food
Stoves for Class C RV Kitchens
Check out our top picks for Class C kitchens.
1. Suburban 2937 AST 2- Burner Stainless Cooktop – Editor’s Pick
- Drop-in two-burner model features 6,500-BTUH burners with front center controls
Finding the best RV stove requires you to determine the features that you need, the type of power supply you plan to use, ease of cleaning, space in your RV, and the price. Having this in mind will narrow down your options.
Last update on 2020-06-02 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API