Tiny Home Owners and Builders are invited to enter their tiny homes in the Tiny House of the Year – a competition designed to select the public’s favorite tiny house. There are five categories you can enter. The winner will be crowned the overall Tiny House of the Year!
Pictured above is the 2016 Best Tiny House Winner, Ms. Gypsy Soul’s Urban Chic & Fabulous Tiny House.
Entering is easy!
There are no entry fees. The competition is open to tiny home owners 18 years of age and older. Just select the best photos of your tiny house and write-up a short description. See the rules & tips below for ideas on improving your chances of winning. The entry deadline is October 31, 2018 at 11:59 PM PST.
[button text=”Entry Form” link=”https://tinyhouseoftheyear.com/entry-form/”]
Public Voting Begins November 1, 2018
The public will select the winners of Tiny House of the Year by voting online. While public voting begins on November 1, 2018, entires will be available for preview as soon as entries are approved. So enter your tiny house right away and begin building a following.
You may enter your tiny house once and it will be considered across five categories AND for the the title of Tiny House of the Year!
- Best Front Door
- Best Kitchen
- Best Bathroom
- Best Stairs
- Best Use of Reclaimed Materials
- Entries Accepted: May 1, 2018
- Entry Deadline: October 31, 2018
- Public Voting Begins: November 1, 2018
- Public Voting Ends: December 17, 2018
- Winners Announced Between: December 18, 2018 – December 31, 2018
Summary of Official Rules
See the complete Official Rules for more information.
- Entries are open to anyone over the age of 18 who has a habitable tiny house. Void where prohibited.
- Entries must be from a tiny house that’s less than 500 square feet.
- Limit one entry per unique tiny house.
- No limit on the year the house was built.
- Previous entries to Tiny House of the Year competitions are welcomed.
- Post only photos and content that you’ve personally created. You retain the intellectual property rights to your photos, videos, and content, but permit the use of images & content for purposes related to the competition. If you choose, you may subtly watermark your images .
You’re free to write-up your tiny house entry however you like, but we have a few suggestions:
- Post Your Best Photo – Photos are the key to grabbing people’s attention. Be sure to include great interior and exterior shots and detail photos of unique features.
- Tell Your Story – Describe your tiny house and tiny house adventure. Consider including details like why you built it, who helped build it, how you use the home, where it’s located, how long it took to build, who you are, and how downsizing changed your life.
- Share via Social Media – After voting begins – November 1, 2018 – be sure to use your own social networks to ask your friends to vote for your entry.
- Bragging Rights & The Title of Tiny House of the Year for each of the 5 categories. The grand prize is the title of Tiny House of the Year in the Best Tiny House category.
- Winners will also receive a Unique Tiny Trophy designed by tiny house designer, Michael Janzen.
If you have a tiny house, we hope you’ll enter before entries close October 31, 2018.
If you love tiny houses we hope you subscribe for Tiny House of the Year email updates and come back to vote beginning on November 11, 2018. You can unsubscribe from our email list anytime.
If you have any questions email us at email@example.com.