Dee Williams at Portland Alternative Dwellings has just published a great ebook called Go House Go – How to Build a Tiny House on Wheels. In just 21 pages Dee provides the answers to the most common questions by new tiny house owner-builders. Some of these topics are:
- How, why, and where to apply structural reinforcement for a tiny house on wheels.
- How to build a safe tiny house while using the Department of Transportation (DOT) and International Building Code (IBC) as guides.
- How to adapt a utility trailer for tiny house construction.
- How to connect a tiny house to a trailer.
- How to frame the floor, walls, roof, and porch.
- How to close-in the house and make it weather tight, dry, and vented.
Contained in this ebook is the missing link many tiny house owner-builders are looking for in an easy to follow distillation of the stuff you won’t find in tiny house plans.
I highly recommend Go House Go – How to Build a Tiny House on Wheels to anyone who is seriously considering building a tiny house on wheels.