Dee Williams just shared some sad news with the tiny house blogger community. Kim Langston, a friend of Dee’s, was almost finished building her own tiny house when it was caught up in a barn fire on July 22, 2012. Unfortunately the house wasn’t covered by insurance. Here’s part of what Dee told us:
“The house was in the construction phase, and while it wasn’t quite complete, it was close enough that she felt certain she’d be living in it by September or October. It was completely destroyed in the fire and Kim didn’t have insurance to cover the loss. I’ve attached before and after photos which, if you’re like me, will drop you to your knees. I’ve been so racked by this incident… so sad.”
Dee also told us that Kim and her friends are pulling together a Kickstarter or Indigogo fund that will help her pay down the debt she incurred through the fire and maybe even help support the dream of re-building.
If you’d like to help Kim get a jump on those fund raising efforts you can donate money through PayPal. I’ll also report back on the official fund raising story when that kicks off.
Below is a photo of the home before the fire.