The Touchstones Nelson Museum of Art and History in Nelson, BC is sponsoring a tiny shelter design competition in conjunction with an exhibit that is currently running called Shelter: How We Live. The exhibit also includes a pallet house built onsite which I hope to share with you here soon.
The primary design requirements of the competition are:
- Maximum footprint of 10m2 (approximately 107 square feet)
- Maximum height of 4m (approximately 14 feet)
- Buildable using materials that are readily sourced locally
- Intended as a self-contained, independent living unit for one or more people
- Incorporate green or recycled materials and/or systems
The entry deadline was just extended to Thursday, October 7, 2010 at 5 p.m. PST. To enter visit the competition website for the complete set of project requirements and instructions on submitting your entry.