It might not be the most pleasant topic to discuss. However, it is nevertheless a vital one. A quality RV sewer hose is imperative for enjoying the independent lifestyle that RVing offers, whether you are at a campground or going off the grid and boondocking. Our guide will show you the ropes for making a wise buying decision.
Functionality and convenience top the list of features that are must-haves for an RV sewer hose. These traits will make taking care of this task quicker and easier. Not all products offer the same advantages. That’s why you need to research your purchase to make an informed choice.
The points to consider include:
- Types of Sewer Hoses: The kinds of products depend more on ease of use, storage, and durability. It’s not like choosing other RVing accessories where you’ll use it a lot. Instead, you want to make the task the most efficient and quickest.
- Choosing the Right Product: Your RVing style is an excellent place to start when choosing which one is best for you. We’d suggest getting a product that is 15-20 feet long.
- Attachments and Other Accessories: The primary factor to consider is the ease of attachment and release for these products. That minimizes your contact with the waste.
- Benefits of a Suitable Choice: The longer a product will last, the better. That speaks a lot to its durability and construction. The length is a vital consideration to make sure that you get one long enough to do the job.
Budget RV Sewer Hoses
1. Titan Premium RV Sewer Hose Kit – Editor’s Pick
- [VERSATILITY]: Easy to mount on RV waste outlet with the Extended Grip universal bayonet mount
- [DESIGN]: Two rugged 10-Foot TPE hoses, easy to connect to RV outlet and to each other
- [DURABILITY]: TPE hose prevents leaks and is uncrushable - bounces back in shape even after being run over by a car
2. Camco 39658 Deluxe Sewer Hose
- Deluxe kit includes two 10' 18mil super heavy-duty HTS vinyl sewer hoses with pre-attached swivel fittings
- Fittings swivel 360 degrees for easy connecting and disconnecting
- Included 4-in-1 adapter is compatible with 3-inch slip or 3-inch, 3-1/2-inch and 4-inch NPT threaded sewer connection
3. Camco RhinoFLEX RV Sewer Hose Kit
- Kit includes: Two 10 inch Rhino FLEX sewer hoses with pre attached bayonet and lug fittings, transparent elbow with 4 in 1 adapter and four storage caps
- Fits a variety of dump station pipes: The transparent elbow connects to the 4 in 1 adapter, which fits 3 inch slips or 3 inch, 3 1/2 inch and 4 inch threaded dump station pipes
- Swivel fittings: For ease of connection
Premium RV Sewer Hoses
1. Camco 39666 Deluxe Sewer Hose Kit – Editor’s Pick
- The Deluxe kit includes two 10' 18 mil super heavy-duty HTS vinyl sewer hoses with pre-attached swivel fittings
- Wye fitting allows two sewer hoses with lug fittings to connect to the same dump station, all three ends swivel 360 degrees; Perfect for RVs with two separate holding tank valves
- Included 4-in-1 adapter is compatible with 3" slip or 3", 3-1/2" and 4" NPT threaded sewer connection
2. Valterra Kit D04-0275 Dominator Sewer Hose Kit
- CAMPER SEWER HOSE KIT: The Dominator hose kit includes 2 collapsible 10-foot hoses with rotating fittings plus a 90 degree universal sewer adapter and 4 drip caps
- COMPACT STORAGE: Each hose collapses from 10 feet to 39 inches for convenient storage
- LEAK-PROOF: Pre-installed fittings with bayonet hooks ensure a leak-proof system and keep hose flat
RV Hoses With a Shut-Off Valve
1. Lippert 359724 Waste Master System – Editor’s Pick
- Comes complete with a time-tested CAM lock connector that ensures a leak-proof connection to the sewer outlet
- Hose is designed with its helical coil on the outside, while the inside is much smoother, preventing waste from getting trapped inside the hose
- UV-protected hose is 5'6" feet compressed and 20 feet extended and features technology that keeps it extended during use to the exact length required
2. Lippert Components 360784 Master Waste Extension Kit
- 20' Waste Master Extension Kit; Includes Cam Lock and Hose, does not include Nozzle
- Wireless hoses keeps debris from getting trapped
- Hose is designed with a helical coil on the outside providing a smoother inside
RV Sewer Hose With Crush Resistance
1. Camco RhinoEXTREME RV Sewer Hose Kit – Editor’s Pick
- Sewer hose has TPE technology that protects against pinholes and offers superior abrasion resistance and crush protection
- Includes pre attached Rhino swivel fittings bayonet and translucent elbow with 4 in 1 dump station fitting
- Also includes reusable locking rings and storage caps; 4 in 1 adapter allows storage in 4 inch square bumpers
2. Valterra Red D04-0115 Deluxe Sewer Hose Kit
- Camper sewer hose kit: The EZ Coupler hose kit includes 2 collapsible 10-foot hoses with rotating fittings plus a 90 degree universal sewer adapter
- Compact storage: Hose collapses from 10 feet to 25 inches for convenient storage
- Leak-proof: Pre-installed rotating fittings with bayonet hooks ensure a leak-proof system and keep hose flat
Final Thoughts About the Best RV Sewer Hoses
When you go RVing, you must consider all aspects of your trip, including which RV sewer hose to buy. Taking the time to find the best one is a wise decision that will pay for itself in dividends and camping enjoyment.
Last update on 2020-10-24 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API