Tammy & Logan are moving to Chico today from Red Bluff. That’s not a terribly long haul but moving a tiny house requires some preplanning and checklist-making. In a nutshell it goes something like this:
- Find a new place to park & live. It doesn’t need to be land you own, but make sure it’s a spot that’s legal for you to park & live. Listen to Tammy’s podcast on their experience with finding land to live on.
- Make your todo lists and batten down the hatches.
- Pull it with a big pickup.
- Position it, ideally with an electric power dolly.
- Reconnect your utilities.
- Make new friends and explore your new surroundings.
For all the details on moving and tiny house living visit the Rowdykittens website.
“Once, Tammy Strobel and her husband were living a normal middle-class lifestyle: driving two cars, commuting long distances, and living well beyond their means. Now they are living the voluntary downsizing — or smart-sizing — dream.
In this book Strobel combines research on well-being with numerous real-world examples to offer practical inspiration. Her fresh take on our things, our work, and our relationships spells out micro-actions that anyone can take to step into a life that’s more conscious and connected, sustainable and sustaining, heartfelt and happy.”
Below are some previous move and home photos. All photos by Tammy & Logan.